Real In Game Pic?

Just to turn this into a possibly meaningful discussion, what about the photo makes you realize it's a photo and not in game?

I thought maybe it's the little extra details that otherwise would be cut out of a map to optimize it (satellite dishes and bars on windows), the detail on the floor which in games look flat from angles (and that games usually have a more 'straight' set bricks, buildings, anything instead of crooked ones) and the colour (the whiteness of the background buildings).

Hloy Carp!

If Half-Life 2 lokos leik taht wihle in gmae tehn I'll go cazry!!!

P.S. Did you konw taht you can mix up the lteters in any wrod (as lnog as you keep the frsit and lsat ltetres in the porepr pcalce) and you wolud siltl be albe to raed it wtihuot mcuh torulbe? Taht's bceuase poelpe raed wrdos as a wohle.

Hell yah, that's right. It's a fact!

LOL looks sooooo much like real life....Valve must have some fairy magic wit ?lepricon? Luck....to have made it look that realistic :D anyways...nice jokes :D they made me chukle :D

WaterMelon34 said:
Hloy Carp!

If Half-Life 2 lokos leik taht wihle in gmae tehn I'll go cazry!!!

P.S. Did you konw taht you can mix up the lteters in any wrod (as lnog as you keep the frsit and lsat ltetres in the porepr pcalce) and you wolud siltl be albe to raed it wtihuot mcuh torulbe? Taht's bceuase poelpe raed wrdos as a wohle.

Hell yah, that's right. It's a fact!

That's actually pretty amazing. :O

I agree that the pic is half in-game and half photo. The shadows on the building on the right are too advanced for HL2. Now possibly it's half HL2 in-game and half Doom 3 in-game... :D

Honestly, lookign at ayellow building, it's easy, I think, to figure out it'S a photo.

If you look at the "Hi-Res" of the picture, and look at the roof on the back yellow building. that's definetly not in game...or they card has a problem with AA..haha

2nd, looking at the front building, the modelers wouldn't spend a week on doing the base and 50 different windows just for the fun of it. Just remember the windows in the Videos with the Striders....when the car is thrown on the wall and all the windows looks appr. the same.

Stop dreaming...Valve does an awesome job, but graphics are not yet at that point of realism.

Back