REAL TF2 screenie

It shows you how talented people working in the Games Industry are, I mean with this next generation we've already got games coming out that match, even surpass anything the Hollywood animation studio's are putting out in terms of graphical quality, and it's completely interactive.

After seeing this new art style Valve has implemented, I am now even more excited about how TF2 will turn out. It almost screams "have fun, blow shit up!". But, looking back I would have been severely dissapointed if Valve had decided to go with their previous artisitic style.

Compare with the other screenshots on the bottom of the page :LOL:

Well they say the graphics are going to be the best to date so I really want more and can't really get a feal for it with this image yet. Im not sure I like the characters right now but im sure after I play it I can learn to like them.

I pray to god its not cell shaded.

...Did you look at the screenshot?

:LOL: haha nice one!

Indeed it is..lol :) Very well made.

But i have to ask, are you guys SURE thats a screenshot? I mean no one at valve said it was or wasnt for that matter. Im sure hoping it is.

i believe the preview is a real screenshot...

very carefully taken of course. we will know by the end of the week when we see the video preview.

Man I rememebr seeing one of those older screenshots in like a 1999-2000 magazine.. Wow, time has passed fast.

Is it me, or does the electrical plug in the background seem awefully big? Does the baseboard look large as well? Are we going to be playing as toy soldiers?

Is it me, or does the electrical plug in the background seem awefully big? Does the baseboard look large as well? Are we going to be playing as toy soldiers?

Wow dude, we finally get a glimpse of the game we've been waiting for since 1999. . . and all you can do is bitch about the wall plug?

Wow dude, we finally get a glimpse of the game we've been waiting for since 1999. . . and all you can do is bitch about the wall plug?

Bitch about the wall plug? I was just wondering if we are playing as toy soldiers. Since no one else seemed to bring this up.

The exaggerated sizes of objects and odd scale is all part of the art style.

Hi guys I just heard the amazing news!!!! (i was on holiday) :( (TF2 comes first before holidays!!) All i have to say OH **** YEAH!!! AND ABOUT TIME!!!

Is this going to be made with the source engine? It would be great to see a cartoony game in the source engine :D

Love the concept art though.

It seems good. I saw this same pic on Attack of the Show this morning.

The cartoonisch style looks great to me! It can offer some nice tactical gameplay and team-feeling, because everyone is different with different weapons and armour.

I wanted something radically different like it looked in thoose old screenies.
This just looks like TFC:Source with cartoony graphics.

You'd rather have another ultra-realistic-squad-based-combat-shooter?
TBH i'm getting bored of that cliche. TF2 to me looks like a breath of fresh air into the stale closet of multiplayer FPS's these days. I want something team based, with objectives, that's actually fun to play. I don't want to spend 10 minutes customising my character, and his weapons load out etc, only to run out and catch a stray minigun bullet to the head, then wait god knows how long to respawn, then do it all over again.

Though I must admit, the whole 'commander' thing they had planned did sound cool, but it has been done before, namely NS and BF2. Plus, who knows what new features might be included in TF2. It might not have ultra-realism, but does anyone really think that VALVe have spent all this time on a simple port of TFC with Pixaresque graphics?

I think it's a bit hasty for people to dismiss it as simply that after only one non-gameplay screenshot.

VIDEO IS OUT!!!! It's the Incredibles, all over again! I love it, both the graphics and the Music!!

Back