Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I

iko0n

What do you prefer,
a very realistic mod,

or just mods where you can have 50 bullets before dieing?

a realistic mod is the best, if it's done right it think.... by realistic i mean life like when taking damage and so on...doesn't matter if it's set in the future :)

Originally posted by Nostradamus
a realistic mod is the best, if it's done right it think.... by realistic i mean life like when taking damage and so on...doesn't matter if it's set in the future :)

Thats my meaning too

true but it annoys the crap outta me when a mod says it's realistic when it's arcade as hell...

I miss the very realistic MODs,
they were never popular :s

DOD isn't even realistic enough for me.

realism in fantasy is fine, as long as you know where to draw tha line! NO MORE STUPIDLY ULTRA REALISTIC GAMES/MODS AS THEY ARE BORING AND SPOIL GAMEPLAY! some realism is fine, but dont cross the line, or you'll have to face a mad badger , lol!

I dont mind realism - like getting shot in the head would kill you. But i dont like ones where if you fall too high you break something and then bandage it up. And i really dont like it when if you reload your gun with like 15 bullets in the clip still, you lose them :/

realism all the way babeh !! YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Of course I prefer realism because my mod is going to be 'realistic.' iko0n I think my views are the same as yours. I think DoD 3.1 was pretty realistic, not sure about 1.0 yet...

Also, there is a line where realism steps in. As mrBadger said some realistic games are boring because of the realism, but that's what makes it realistic! In the Army, there is a lot of 'hurry up and wait' with many boring times that outweigh the action actually. Even in the action for the mods, I don't think one has achieved to be very realistic as a game can get yet, although DoD had been pretty close. Hopefully, things will change with the Source engine because the physics will be better suit for more realistic mods (like mine :D ).

If you are looking for a mod that is going to be realistic and you prefer the modern era, click the link in my sig ;)

Originally posted by Argyll
Of course I prefer realism because my mod is going to be 'realistic.' iko0n I think my views are the same as yours. I think DoD 3.1 was pretty realistic, not sure about 1.0 yet...

Also, there is a line where realism steps in. As mrBadger said some realistic games are boring because of the realism, but that's what makes it realistic! In the Army, there is a lot of 'hurry up and wait' with many boring times that outweigh the action actually. Even in the action for the mods, I don't think one has achieved to be very realistic as a game can get yet, although DoD had been pretty close. Hopefully, things will change with the Source engine because the physics will be better suit for more realistic mods (like mine :D ).

If you are looking for a mod that is going to be realistic and you prefer the modern era, click the link in my sig ;)

If you really go for 90-100% realism PM me then

Originally posted by iko0n
If you really go for 90-100% realism PM me then
who wants 100% realism:
when you walk too fast on mud you fall over!
you throw up when somthing disgusts you
your gun slips out of your hands when they are slippery
you can be defened by shellshock

and may more ;)!!

Addition:

You can change bullets to clips, so if you have a clip with 3 shots and a clip with 4 shots, you can combine them to make a clip of 7. ;) But you have to do it yourself, hehehe

i like both. if i get tired of one type, i switch to the other.

realism can be made fun, if it's not too complicated. No-one wants a thousand keys to press if you're weapon jams, if you need a bandage, if you need to replace the batteries in your laser sight...

But certain elements such as realistic kick and bullet velocities add a lot to game play.

Just for fun: more pointlessly realistic things

*if you fall to far you can twist your ankle and have to limp for a while

*you can sand in your eye when playing a desert map and have to rub your eyes for a while

*when running you can slip over on a pool of blood if on a polished floor

*you can accidently leave the safety on your weapon and be really embarresed when you eneter a fire fight.

*you get sued for damages if you shoot holes in peoples walls or break their windows

any more?

It might be cool to have arcadegameplay on public servers :)

there is a balance with only a few games are capable of hittin..i think dod hit a note with 1.3b but they didnt get it entirely right i think cs hit near it but small(some of u think large but thats because u spary to much and dont aim for head) lack of realism and t many damn cheats that get everyone pissed off because all the very good players get accused of cheatin in pubs...but again i feel valve will make the correct choices and if the dont we can always mod oursleves to death.

your forgetting that some players from topclans do cheat :)

100% realistic game!!!:

:p When you die, thats it, you get kicked off the server, and can NEVER go back there

:p One of your teammates always starts whining

:p sometimes yu panic and throw the pin instead of the grenade

:p you get 'the shakes' and drop your gun every so often

lol

anybody got anymore??

Available with the download of the mod is a 100+lb rucksack! You have to where that on your back while you play until you get to combat of course.

You can never get 100% realism in a game. Never.

iko0n PM ;)

yeh its true u cant have 100% realism:

:p also available: Mouse wieghts (to give the true feeliing of dragging your weapon about)
hydrolic monitor shakers (experience real shell shock)

yeh i think we shud pass these ideas onto iko0n

You'll have to wear a needle spine suit - it injects your spine at the correct position with a pain drug, so if you got shot or fell from a great height, your gonna feel it :)

NEW GAME FEATURES:

:p get blinded aat night by sudden flashes!

:p obey orders: no matter what you wanna do, your going back to base soldier!

:p friendly fire exists!

:p walking on glass hurts your feet!

:p if your jugular gets cut, u gotta get to hospital or you'll die in 3mins

:p no volume option, this game will keep your speakers turned up to the max, you cant turn em off either

any more guys?

(In addition to my other post)

Yes, I did mean two types of bullets.

Like 3 explosive bullets and 4 normal ones or something. Think it would be good for mix and match ;)

Explosive bullets? Anyways... yeah I always empty my magazine before reloading, then I won't have any short mags.

The majority of shooting is repetition (semi-automatic) as well. You hardly ever use automatic and when you do, fire in bursts.

I have a (good) habit of reloading a corners, and at extremly close range, I hold down full auto, at medium I do bursts and at long I do single shots.

Originally posted by Sniper
lol, So was I! (I play paintball a lot)

I like painball (in real life) alot,
a very realistic paintball mod for HL² would be nice!

those for HL were really bad. Not fast enough and bad gfx.

Yeah, and the psysics are all wrong, they have some weakass markers. :)

I love realism games. One thing i wanna see - locked doors. It's like people in movies never lock the doors to the cars...

Not if you can blow them up or knock them down... which I think we would probably be able to do in HL2!

I could care less..

to be honest, I could care less whether it's realistic or not. I want to play something that I have fun with. I don't like CS or DOD for it's slow paced gameplay so you can say I'm more or less on the Arcade side but I really don't care.

give me something FUN.

Now A - I LOVE that idea :D

RECON! MOVE IN! (large smash) - door goes flying off - WE GOT HOSTILES!

Originally posted by Sniper
Now A - I LOVE that idea :D

RECON! MOVE IN! (large smash) - door goes flying off - WE GOT HOSTILES!

And it's perfect possible with the HL² engine

Back