Realism Ragdoll Modification v1.00

D€vIL²

Reaction score
Author's Readme/Notes:

"This is not HL2DM physics! This ragdolls here have a realistic feel and they are much better then the default ones. here a short video:
http://media.putfile.com/CSSRagDollDemo

==========================
||Realism Ragdoll Modification v1.00||
==========================
PUBLIC VERSION

By peterchen620

.:.:://(ABOUT)//::.:.

This ragdoll modification modifies the behaviour of the ragdoll when being shot or killed. Unlike the HL2DM ragdoll version (Which is simply converted) the physical properties of the physic model has been completely modified making it not only giving a realistic feel but fun to play with.

.::.://(History)//:.::.

It call began when Counter-Strike: Source beta was first released to the lovely Counter-strike: Condition Zero owners, the maps, the graphics, the sound, and the gameplay has been greatly improved thanks to VALVe's masterpiece, the source engine, but what most impressed me the most is the ragdoll that was integrated into our beloved Counter-strike. It was great back then, the beta version of the ragdoll is almost realistic, the ragdoll slumps down realistically, the ragdoll reacts with explosives, and OMG!!!! Ragdoll in COUNTER-STRIKE!!!!

However, all that amusement on the ragdoll has changed, just before the update on the CT player model, a new physics model was created. It doesn't react with the explosive as much as in the beta physic models, body gone stiff, and what is this? The ragdoll is performing in SLOW-MOTION!? A disappointed work done I must say for VALVe, even though the physic model is... kind of professionally done, the physical properties is nothing but a poorly done crap.

Now, Day Of Defeat: Source just got released, and everyone was "OMFG, I DIDN'T GOT DOD:S BECAUSE VALVE HATES ME", I manage to get a free copy of it because I own silver package and I was astonished by the fact that the ragdolls in Day Of Defeat: Source is far more superior and realistic that those in Half-Life 2 and Counter-strike: Source. So I came up with an idea of modifying the physics properties of CS: S physic model with some DOD: S's physics properties and tried not to make it as floppy as those in HL2DM physics. After 5 something hours fiddling with Source SDK and playing with the .QC file, I finally achieved my goals

And this is when I come to the conclusion of trying to create a realistic ragdoll modification for all of you CS whores to enjoy."

http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.6053

Thought 'pretty useless' when I read the thread title, but after watching the video, the new ragdolls do look a lot nicer. :thumbs:

i prefer the crazy hl2 ragdolls in css
- boom - headshot *ragdoll flies 5m across de_dust

Still a bit too stiff for my tastes. As John, I like the "over-expressed" ragdolls of HL2.

They're not over-the-top enough to be fun/funny... and they're not accurate enough to be called "realistic." Remember, bullets don't throw people into the air. The person firing the gun experiences the equal and opposite reaction of the bullet being propelled out of the gun... but that energy is equal to the total energy spent by the bullet before it comes to rest. While the bullet is in the air it loses a little energy because of having to fight wind resistance. Also, depending on the situation, the bullet may not even expend all of its remaining energy on the victim. In short, bullets push the shooter more than they push the victim.

if you like to get more punch for your bullets I think the command is phys_pushscale. just give it some crazy value like 10,000 and watch all the props and bodies fly. :D

they look the same to me, except the one that got knifed had a wiggly ass :|

who needs realism in a game the ragdoll in source are hilarious even though its not realistic

Hmm, I like the HLDM ones just fine. It's cool that you put in the effort to make these, but from watching the vid they do still seem a bit too stiff to be much fun.

i think css ragdolls should go for realism meaning that one does not actually fly back when the get shot and killed they just drop to the ground

How can i do it on my game too?
I want to see this In-Game not by trailers. ^_^

Humm, i cant feel any difference...
But ill check it with botslike you did.

I'm sticking with my CRAZY ragdolls (shotty backflips ftw \0/)

giant384 said:
how are hl2dm ragdolls and css ragdolls different???
Go in GarrysMod and spawn a CSS ragdoll and a citizen ragdoll. Throw them around a bit. If you can't see the difference.. well then I don't know what to tell you.

Just put them at about the same level, freeze them and press R. You'll see a difference.

I downloaded it, it's SO much better than the default rag-dolls. Before this i had the HL2 Deathmatch physics which were entertaining, but I like these better.

Pretty odd if they do. It would be pretty inconsistent on a server.

Loc-Dog said:
Pretty odd if they do. It would be pretty inconsistent on a server.
Nah ragdolls are all handled client-side. So although you might see a ragdol fly across the screen, someone else might not :).

dekstar said:
Nah ragdolls are all handled client-side. So although you might see a ragdol fly across the screen, someone else might not :).
Thats pretty nice. But i figured that the ragdolls can be shot once on the ground.

So if someone were to take cover behind a ragdoll, i wouldn't be able to shoot him because it's blocking the line of fire. But i wouldn't be able to see it at all on my comp because my corpses are spread out somewhere else :-S

They can be shot... but it doesn't block the shot.

If you've been taking cover behind ragdolls... stop.

... Hammer Time!

EDIT: Yeah hiding behind ragdols when someone's shooting at you with an AK is a bad idea.

Oh. I always stopped shooting and took cover when someone had a corpse infront of him. Thought they blocked bullets, or atleast took away the power.

Just installed. I'm going to test them in a bit and let you know what I think :)

it's nothing special to be honest
i've used since it was posted here and i am often disappointed by the ragdoll reactions
i preferred the exaggerated hl2 physics - they are more realistic visually however they react a bit excessively to bullets

Actually, I loved it. It was so nice to play with. Especially when shooting someone at close range :) I'll continue using it! :)

Back