"Received some interesting offers for your services..."

I think the Advisor was playing with smoke signals before Alyx and Gordon crashed his party and ruined his fun.

Poor Advisor. :(

It may have been breen , i can't remember what i was reading but that combine advisor in trailer was suppost to be breen , thats my thery .

can you imagine a bat signal style for calling gordan freeman..it will have a lambda logo instead..

freebatgq8.jpg

It's a bug, not an evil sentient smoke entity. Half-Life != LOST :p

It's a bug, not an evil sentient smoke entity. Half-Life != LOST :p

It doesn't matter. Sentient smoke entity = coolest mother ****ing thing in the world. Bug it may be, but it's the damned coolest smoke in the world.

UP YOURS.

The smoke holds many mysteries.

Surely Half Life has ascended from it's earlier story telling roots.

From mysterious government suits that observed your every move, to mysterious SMOKE!

Doubt it. It's ****ing smoke, end of story, no "hole in the universe", S-M-O-K-E.

Hmm i m thinking either ple requesting services or some form of transport for the combine we have not seen yet perhaps? maybe not.

i agree with Scotland1 (for once) i think its just a glitch like in gmod, its just a random car puff of smoke

If I remember the video correctly, he went along slowly until the 'smoke' was gone and then sped off once it had vanished, like he was trying to show it. But I may have imagined that.

If I remember the video correctly, he went along slowly until the 'smoke' was gone and then sped off once it had vanished, like he was trying to show it. But I may have imagined that.

My thoughts exactly.

Remember, whatever your first impression on what something is, most of the time that is what it is. Even if it's a UFO, because if you resort to that, then it really is a UFO, cause you dunno wtf it is.

I thought it was a misplaced puff of smoke by the engine at first, then I read what someone else thought, and I thought that was it for a while. :|

When his comp loads the level the car is already moving slowly and he is talking about the Half Life franchise. I think he was just facing the audience while he was talking and didn't see it.

Well if you watch one of the high quality versions of the video then you could see that it really does look more like smoke then a mysterious entity.
Then again it could be some sort of cloaking device to make it look like smoke but I doubt it.

LOL maybe it's an integral part of the game but valve masked this appearance with smoke last second with 1337 editing??

Then again scotland1 has a good idea, but then again he's from scotland...

Well, there is a wrecked combine pod near by so I'm assuming that the smoke you saw has something to do with the smoke coming out of it.

Back