[Release] Missing Information v1.4 --- Borealis and E3 Pres.

There's a big bug with it so we don't have any parallaxed textures ingame. There's a test texture in 'testmap,' though.

Oo, yes. What's the problem with it? It self-occludes, but there's something odd going on with the lion and pillars, and it doesn't like the flashlight :O

it dosent like the flash light, but it was sort of fixed.
Does anybody know where can they fined some good texture artists?

So will you be prettying up Borealis and things? I might download it a release or two down the line then.

Awww... i'm a sucker for design work that inexplicably didn't make the final cut... (Sonic 2 Beta and Homeworld 2 Dust Wars FTW!). That said, I can see why a lot of this content didn't make it now. It's either superfluous, or exceptionally hard to make into something interesting. The Borealis as is, is frightningly dull. Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't expect too much, but the biggest problem is simply that, actually, setting a level on a boat is just plain not interesting.
1) It really doesn't feel like Half-Life at all.
2) The architecture isn't suited to the HL experience. Too many pokey little corridors, and far, far too much symmetry and bits that look like other bits you've already been into several times.
3) Because the level takes place in the context of a journey, it feels extremely linear, like you're searching in vain for the sweet-spot on the ship which will trigger the end of the journey.

Still, it'll be interesting to see what can be done from this utterly abysmal source map. I'd love to see the exterior done well. A soaking deck, nasty waves, thunder strikes. As it is, i'm just not feeling like i'm actually there. Oh and what is the deal with the enemy inventory in this level? Zombies, Marines and Stalkers just seems such a strange and random combination.

As for the E3 levels, it was a fun game of "guess where the loading trigger is". Seems I actually remembered the E32k3 vids rather well, the only exception being the end of Traptown which I believe requires you to set fire to the car by shooting the flameable barrel. Certainly an eye-opening set of sequences - hard to believe how infatuated many of us were over such rigidly scripted levels!

Edit: why does it keep crashing when I enter the room with the stalkers just after Odell magically reappeared? Also, I can't summon more than one antlion on the Nova Prospekt map :/

kupoartist said:
Awww... i'm a sucker for design work that inexplicably didn't make the final cut... (Sonic 2 Beta and Homeworld 2 Dust Wars FTW!). That said, I can see why a lot of this content didn't make it now. It's either superfluous, or exceptionally hard to make into something interesting. The Borealis as is, is frightningly dull. Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't expect too much, but the biggest problem is simply that, actually, setting a level on a boat is just plain not interesting.
1) It really doesn't feel like Half-Life at all.
2) The architecture isn't suited to the HL experience. Too many pokey little corridors, and far, far too much symmetry and bits that look like other bits you've already been into several times.
3) Because the level takes place in the context of a journey, it feels extremely linear, like you're searching in vain for the sweet-spot on the ship which will trigger the end of the journey.

Still, it'll be interesting to see what can be done from this utterly abysmal source map. I'd love to see the exterior done well. A soaking deck, nasty waves, thunder strikes. As it is, i'm just not feeling like i'm actually there. Oh and what is the deal with the enemy inventory in this level? Zombies, Marines and Stalkers just seems such a strange and random combination.

As for the E3 levels, it was a fun game of "guess where the loading trigger is". Seems I actually remembered the E32k3 vids rather well, the only exception being the end of Traptown which I believe requires you to set fire to the car by shooting the flameable barrel. Certainly an eye-opening set of sequences - hard to believe how infatuated many of us were over such rigidly scripted levels!

Edit: why does it keep crashing when I enter the room with the stalkers just after Odell magically reappeared? Also, I can't summon more than one antlion on the Nova Prospekt map :/
sadly it's all true - i really hope the team put their effort into making this their own mod, not valves

Ohhh I love this debate. Just as much as I love the Borealis.

kupoartist said:

Mine does the same. For the former, I simply reloaded the freezer area and went on from there.

Yeah I agree on those points. Borealis was repetetive and kinda dull. But it was cool to see how they notched things up. The stalkers were kinda neat, but a really weird enemy. First of all, how can they move so freaking fast, and second of all, why would the combine give them such awesome firepowers?

It wasn't too bad.

I found Borealis fun although the scenery was a little bland and dull. When the Stalker ran passed behind Odell at the beginning I just found it funny for some reason :LOL:. When I saw the soldier getting dragged around the ceiling I thought they were gonna burst out. :eek: I quite liked the atmosphere overall. The freezer areas kinda reminded me of The Thing game.

Mine crashes when you meet Odell the second time too. :( Was fun while it lasted...

Theres nothing past there, I crash there too but if you noclip it's the end of the map, the sub thing is right outside.

You just have to reload the map at that point. The command "map e3_borealis_06" (I believe that's it) takes you literally RIGHT to that point, and it won't crash the second time. Of course, you'll have to cheat some of your weapons back, but oh well.

Sorry to revive this rather dead thread, but I just got this mod the other day. Does anyone have a list of all the NPC's that you can spawn? So far I've found that you can spawn houndeyes and bullsquids. Also, if you want to give a solder an OICW, the weapon name is weapon_OICW. I wonder if they have that sweet Combine Super Soldier, (the synth one, that they're putting in Sven Coop 2). If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

OH SHI-

handrails.jpg

d4_palace_01_j21_c2_etc0026.jpg

Link to what? Those're a couple of screens of the mod. Not the released version, obviously.

It looks great. HL2 lacked really good multi-level... levels. As in levels that had you shooting up down and in all manner of directions.

It's not really a museum. The map name is palace, and the chapter's called Vertigo.

LaCabra said:
It's not really a museum. The map name is palace, and the chapter's called Vertigo.

ahh yes, vertigo,, I loved that map on oldschool cs... Im glad they did a remake for source... That mod tho, looks like its going to do well. Lots of stuff going on!:borg: make sure you add the cyborg!

blackflag486 said:
ahh yes, vertigo,, I loved that map on oldschool cs... Im glad they did a remake for source... That mod tho, looks like its going to do well. Lots of stuff going on!:borg: make sure you add the cyborg!
Cyborg? What is this that you speak?

Hang on someone posted the female Combine assassin. Does that come with normal Half Life 2 as a model, or just with Missing Information?

LaCabra said:
Just thought I'd stop by.
Oohh... an older version of Kliener's lab! Seems a bit blander to me, but in a way more realistic.

give me decent gameplay too unlike you're first release and I will love you guys
seriously hire someone who has proven gameplay creation credentials

No. We might do that eventually but it's primarily a single-player mod.

Well i like it good job looks realy nice, so if you do make a MP version will it be coop or DM?

Stick to making the singleplayer awesome - the world doesnt need another hl2 multiplayer deathmatch mod
As I keep saying almost to piss you guys off at this stage - it's all about the gameplay, your first release was crap gameplay wise. Fix that and you will be a huge success.

Back