[Release] Missing Information v1.4 --- Borealis and E3 Pres.

SHIT GUYS MORE NEW SCREENSHOTS AND WALLPAPER ALL UP IN HURR

busterminal.jpg

busterminal4.jpg

busterminal5.jpg

busterminal3.jpg

it'd be interesting if you guys had a semi-public beta for feedback and bug reporting
if the quality is there it would do wonders for your publicity as well

There might be a second public release at some point in the nearish future.

Is the Missing Info forums working? When I go there, it says my account was suspended and i have to contact billing information. why was my account suspended anyways?

The Administrator of the site apparently forgot to pay the bills to keep it running. Don't worry it doesn't have anything to do with you.

Oh ok thnx a lot. I was wondering "why was my account suspended!?" thought i was the only one.

I had a look at the old Citadel maps. Should be interesting as to how you go about re-doing them. Where abouts did it originally end? I'm guessing it wasn't the Dark fusion teleporter and instead the Core? Assuming, the core map is what I'm thinking of here.

Garbage disposal should be...fun. :p

awesome!...

how did you get the complex shadows on the wooden railing? does it have a complex hitbox or did you find a way to fake it?

I wish shadow LOD's worked for lightmaps

Nice job again LaCabra. How's the progress on the Air Exchange and Wasteland maps?

A guy was doing the Air Exchange a year or more ago, but he disappeared. He came back recently saying he was going to finish it and we haven't heard from him since. Really the project has changed so much since then though that it'll probably just end up with me or Brian taking it on from scratch.

Wasteland, not started the from-scratch stuff.

Just a low lightmap scale.

no I was talking in relation to whether it was based off making a complex physics model or whether he found a workaround for the showdow LOD to affect lightmaps

Well, we've been making some pretty excellent progress with MI lately. Check out this depot map Brian (aka tundra_cool) made. It isn't finished, of course.

depot0043.jpg

The original concept art:

03n.jpg

ace :thumbs:
just remember - gameplay gameplay gameplay
keep up the great work

E3 maps which weren't shown at E3 (such as Plaza, Borealis, and a developer test map) will be released with the full mod.

Are you planning to integrate the cut parts into the main HL2 game?

He's asking what I've been wondering myself. The beta 1.4 was really just a bunch of cut material assembled randomly. Do you intend on forming everything into a plot, or putting your material into the actual game, or what?

From what I know MI is going to recreate the beta HL 2 storyline. The storyline for retail HL2 was changed so locations vital to the beta HL2 storyline like the Borealis icebreaker and Air Exchange needed to be cut out. They are not connecting these levels into the retail HL2 single player because they are part of a different plot. The mod's single player will be what HL2 originally was going to be. Just think of this as an unofficial alternative sequel to HL1. I hope my explanation cleared things up for you guys.

how did you guys figure out what the beta contents look like???

That question has been asked at least eighty times. Please read the thread, people.

Back