"Remember me" doesn't work anymore

Companion Cube
Reaction score
After the update, the "Remember Me" option for the log-in doesn't seem to work anymore.

I keep having to log back in over and over again.

No problems here, and I've done a full shutdown since the update. *shrug*

Using Firefox if that matters.

Firefox here, as well. Still not working.

Mine was playing up for a while, but seems alright now.

second.

also, no problems here. I use safari and internet explorer.

Mine stopped working, but it's working again now. Also, yesterday I clicked a link in a thread to another thread and it logged me out. I don't know what link it was.

I'll remember you numbers!

I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!

It's the website trying to tell you something.

Are you memorable? Or are you entirely forgettable?
Think about it.

Ahh, Krynn pointed me to this thread.

Try this fix, seems to have worked for me.

If you are currently on www.halflife2.net/forums go to halflife2.net/forums and log in. Close the browser and go back to www.halflife2.net/forums and login in again making sure to check "remember me". Should work after that, atleast seems to be working for me. If you are currently on hl2.net without the www do the above in reverse.

Can we use this thread to complain about how unprecedentedly stupid it is that The Lounge is private?

oh well here i go

It is ****ing stupid.

The Lounge being private never bothers me because I'm always logged in.
afro.gif

I never noticed that because there's no point in me coming here without being logged in.

Because seeing the shit that gets posted in the lounge section all the time I can see how they would want it hidden to get more people to register. This is supposed to be a gaming forum, not a forum about a rash that popped up on your balls.

Because seeing the shit that gets posted in the lounge section all the time I can see how they would want it hidden to get more people to register. This is supposed to be a gaming forum, not a forum about a rash that popped up on your balls.

Well, you just spilled the secret. No point in keeping it private anymore. UNHIDE THE LOUNGE

I can't show people any threads anymore :(

I've linked friends awesome threads about 600 times. All of them keep asking me "why isn't it working?" or "who are you?"

Plus there's about 0 reasons for it to be private in the first place. OH HOW WEIRD, A GAMING FORUM WITH AN OFF-TOPIC SECTION. THAT'S SO WEIRD WE SHOULD KEEP IT SECRET

Yes, you're right. I did it for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Yes. That's exactly why.

Take that, freedom! My arch-nemesis!

eagle.gif

But seriously why's it like that though, nobody has explained it to me

It's to tie in with the infraction system. Even at the highest (non-banned) infraction level, you can still read the lounge, albeit with reduced privileges. If you're banned, then you can't read it. If you log out, you can't read it.
The Lounge is not the main focus of the site for non-regulars and newcomers - most people who find hl2.net for the first time do so because of HL2 or Valve-related searches.
In fact, some could argue that The Lounge might put newcomers off...

but anyway, that's why I implemented it.

It looks as it's on my end too. And it looks as Firefox is causing the problems for me.

Don't know what you're using though..

It's to tie in with the infraction system. Even at the highest (non-banned) infraction level, you can still read the lounge, albeit with reduced privileges. If you're banned, then you can't read it. If you log out, you can't read it.
The Lounge is not the main focus of the site for non-regulars and newcomers - most people who find hl2.net for the first time do so because of HL2 or Valve-related searches.
In fact, some could argue that The Lounge might put newcomers off...

but anyway, that's why I implemented it.

Actually, I can relate to that. Thanks, I'll stfu now, that's actually pretty good reasoning :)

Strange. I'm using Mozilla Firefox and the "Remember Me" feature seems to be working fine on my end. Haven't had to log-in since the last update.

There was an update on the server to a newer version of vBulletin. I believe.

Attention, I say, you vast and enormous homosexuals. I do declare that you repair this here "Remember me" mechanical device embedded into your forums at once. For if you do not, I will descend from a crane and violently desecrate your anuses post haste.

Sincerely,
Orcone101.

Is that how they teach you to ask for something in the land down under?

Haven't you learnt anything from The Simpsons? You take it up with the Prime Minister.

andyv.jpg

Good morning to you, fine sirs/trophy wives.
10 revolutions of the Earth have occurred since we last did textual relations and I still notice that the "Remember Me" device is faulty.

As promised earlier, I will now begin to show myself into your anuses. I will NOT leave my coat at the door, nor my hat. You have been warned.

Sincerely,
Orcone101.

Back