Replay value for Portal 2?

T-6000

Reaction score
Like many people, I was exited upon hearing the announcement of Portal 2. It's great that it'll be a full sequel game with longer gameplay and more features. But there was a concern with me in regards to the game as well. I really liked Portal but the primary problem with the game is that it doesn't have much replay value. The advance portals and achievements (getting some of them are, in a way, a puzzle) helped but by knowing how to get around obstacles and solving puzzles made more than 2 or 3 playthroughs less exiting. I am hoping that maybe in Portal 2 Valve can somehow encourage repeated playthroughs, possibly by offering more than 1 way to solve a puzzle, place in secret rooms in some test chambers that reveals a little more on the story, maybe place a secret test chamber or two in the game (Sort of like secret levels in older FPS games. Well....this is more like my old school days are momentarily calling out to me), or find hidden objects (such as hidden data chips or disks) that unlocks bonus content such as custom art or animation tests.

I see nothing that stops this from working all right, it would be a good move.

Back