RiG PaRT S3LL3RS

KiNG

Reaction score
ok iv been lookin to buy comp parts to build my own comp(step dad built my last 2 but taught my in process) and many of u guys have reffered to newegg site, which until i came here didnt know of, i use pricewtach and many prices iv seen are better there, but wut im wonderin is are there better sites that i have not seen yet, i know of good sites as ibuypower.com and pricewatch.com as street price and legit sites to get comp essentials. oh and can u help me find good site to inform on overclockin and help me not fry my cpu in the process

i could to searchin but im gonna go snag a beer i am grateful to anyone who responds.

If I may make a suggestion...
Buy your CPU from a Fry's Electronics.

There are a few reasons for this.
- You get your CPU the day you pay for it.
- If it doesn't work you can take it back to Fry's and they'll pro'lly replace it no questions asked (they did for me).
- If YOU break it you can take it back to Fry's and they'll pro'lly replace it no questions asked (they did when I built my first 'puter)
- Fry's is the cheapest actual store I know of that has a sufficiently stupid staff.

By the way, DO NOT ask for help at Fry's. Trust me.

Other than that use pricewatch but hunt for name brand things on pricewatch (a.k.a. not the cheapest one). For example buy Corsair but not Fujiwata Dingdong brand. Even though Fujiwata Dingdong may be $5 cheaper it is not worth it. This holds particularly true if you really think you want to over clock.

Well, best of luck. If you have any questions once you get building go post in Tom's Hardware forums. Oh, another piece of advice...do not mention "ATI" or "nVidia" over there.

Back