Rollermines

Mindshifter

Reaction score
I'm working on a piece of fanfiction. However, I still don't have a clue how the rebels would deal with rollermines if they don't have a gravitygun. Any ideas? And any good ones?
Thanks in advance.

Electro-Magnetic Bombs

Running would probably work. Or crowbars.

How about distracting them by turning in a car with no one in it, then blowing up the car? That's pretty resource intensive though.

Traps involving immersing them in water would work (they explode when brought into deep water).

Electro-Magnetic Bombs - Probably, they're everywhere.
Running would probably work. Or crowbars - Wouldn't hitting it with a crowbar shock you too?
Traps involving immersing them in water would work (they explode when brought into deep water) - I was thinking about something with water too. But if you would stumble on one with no watertraps around?

I have assume Alyx isn't the only one with one of those little shocker things, all you need then is something to hold it in place. Maybe a faraday cage that you can trap it in? Then all the shock gets funneled into the ground.

I guess the simplest way to deal with a rollermine if you don't have any resources at your disposal would be to continuously shoot at it until it explodes. The other alternative would be to run for your life and hope it doesn't follow you. I don't really know, I usually just fling them away into the water with my Gravity Gun so I won't waste ammo, but like you said, the Rebels don't have any Gravity Guns to use.

Back