Ruined, absolutely ruined..

Reaction score
... one of my close mate's girlfriend's 19th birthday. We all went out for a nice meal in a good resturant where (I and a couple of others) know the manager. We've had a lovely meal, and a couple of bottles of good beer, and we're sitting in this nice resturant, chatting over some excellent coffee-cake, having sung happy birthday. We see a couple of chavs having a bit of a ruck in the street outside, and another one breaks it up. They're only about 14, and obviously drunk. Anyway. This guy who broke up the fight walks past, and my friend Tom (it's his gf's who's birthday it is) notices that he happens to be the brother of a close friend of his, so he waves to him, and says alright.

This guy starts mouthing off, and proceeds to kick the window. It's re-enforced glass, so it doesn't break. Everyone's telling him to **** off, and he runs round to the door. It's locked, but he doesn't know that, and thumps striaght into it. We all laugh, cos he twatted his head. He goes away, and everyone calms down a bit. About 2 minutes later he comes back, with a stone, and throws it at the window, he's shouting at us, his mate's egging him on, the lads start to rise in case there's trouble, and the resturant owner is ready to go too...

There's a bit mark, a crack on the window where the stone hit. He puts all of his weight behind him, and kicks, the re-enforced glass rips from it's frame and caves it.. luckily it doesn't shatter, as it would have hit the birthday girl and her boyfriend, and 2 of my other friends. This was enough, the resturant owner, Greg, was up off his feet, and ran out through the door. They scarper.

We call the police, they don't arrive for ages. We give them the details of what happened, we were even able to give the attacker's name. Some of the girls are in tears, and we're not the kind of people who'd go out and kick the shit out of this 14 year old kid. 1. Becuase we aren't like that 2. We know that things like that come around, he'll have cousins and all sorts of family, and in all likelyhood the resturant would get trashed. Everyone is all pent up.. I couldn't face carrying on the night so I've come home.

But mark my words, this is the beginnings of a class war in Britain, and we're on the ****ing front line.

and people say Americas violent lol jk

but i dont quite understand the story.. Tom's friends brother breaks up the fight then starts mouthing off and proceeds to kick the window?

I know how you feel; my aunt's birthday party was slightly tainted when a bunch of townies decide to hang out around besides the building (this being a cricket club). A mate of mine gets pissed and tries to befriend a few of them, failing miserably. He then runs out into the field, and we all chase after him to calm him down. All of a sudden, a bunch of townies jump the fence and come for us, one weilding a bloody 2x4. Just as quickly, the father of the aforementioned pissed mate walks up to collect him, and they all scarper instantly. I could only imagine what would have happened if his dad didn't show up. :|

Nicknitro- that seems about it. Just because you break up a fight doesn't mean you're not a wanker.

Here's a general rule for you Badger- don't be so damn nice. I'm a nerd, but I've got a 6 foot 2 friend who I turned to the dark side. He's always been good with computers, but that's not the point.

Maybe I'm just violent, but because I'm the only shortarse in my social circle and immediate family I usually just let wankstains like that get a) intimidated or b) beaten up by my violent alcoholic uncle, who is for some strange reason in awe of my far older (and shorter) uncle. Police, however, have an incredibly shitty record when it comes to resolving things like this. I don't care if they're only ten years old (physically or mentally) they need to be force-fed portions of their own anatomy.

Oh, for a society where a class war could be fought with firearms...

KagePrototype said:
I know how you feel; my aunt's birthday party was slightly tainted when a bunch of townies decide to hang out around besides the building (this being a cricket club). A mate of mine gets pissed and tries to befriend a few of them, failing miserably. He then runs out into the field, and we all chase after him to calm him down. All of a sudden, a bunch of townies jump the fence and come for us, one weilding a bloody 2x4. Just as quickly, the father of the aforementioned pissed mate walks up to collect him, and they all scarper instantly. I could only imagine what would have happened if his dad didn't show up. :|
Your English slang through me off a bit, but this is how I read it. Your friend tried to make friends with some annoying assholes and then he runs out into the field and a bunch of brigans jump over the fence to steal your coin purse but then the guys dad comes and that scares away the brigands? Wow, England is a violent place.

I hate them, I hate them all.

Sorry to hear about it mate. I hope the police get them... but to be honest they cant do anything if they are under 18. Thats my experience. :(

And yeah, you're damn right its a war in my opinion. But yeah, not even I could hit a 14 year old... and i'm an evil lil bastard.

You couldn't hit a 14 year old? I'd hit anyone and anything if necessary. I'd feel remorse after they're bleeding, but probably not for long when I recall what they did to deserve it. Maybe it's just that 14-year olds are probably the only fraction of the caste I'm not too puny to beat up, heh.

Yes, I'm a total bastard, but my team of psychos speaks the only language those people understand, and fluently at that. I usually need a translator.

Wow, that's really quite violent. I've never witnessed anything like that... the only thing i've witnessed is some 12- 13 year old coming over and hitting my freind in the fact for bumping into him in school. I mean what the hell... We can't really do much, seeing as my freind is the silent type, and the kids outnumber us and seem like the kind of people who would come back the next day with a few "older coisins", like you said CB.

It really pisses me off, because there's nothing you can do. Being quiet and ignoring it is probally the most sensible thing...

Errr, i can't be bothered to type anymore because it's getting to the good bit in final destination... anyway, i hope it didn't completely ruin the evening CB, and at least you can take some satisfaction in knowing that those kids will never grow up to be anything but drop outs.

If you think Charvs are bad you should goto the Midlands, guncrime regular in places like Birmingham and Nottingham.

I didn't really get any trouble off charvers when I was younger, they had mouths, but no ability to do anything intimidating. It is getting worse though.
Sorry to hear about the special occasion ruined, I hate it when that kind of thing happens.

I would beat up a 14 year old.. but I am only 17.. I would probley get locked up for a while though since I have been taking Krav Maga for quite some time.

Chav is a word I hate, but that's probably more to do with its connotations than the dialect itself.

The North has a huge collection of them, but they're probably not as bad as the gun-toting imbeciles we have down south- there's just more of them. Gimme tazers!

That sux :/

I feel your pain - living next to a pub in chav central. Every weekend night there's a ruck outside my window. Police turning up is common place, once in riot gear.

Little thieving bastards all of them.

kirovman said:
If you think Charvs are bad you should goto the Midlands, guncrime regular in places like Birmingham and Nottingham.

Can actually vouch for this since I lived in nottingham for most of my life so far...

Yeah, its really quite rough there. :(

oh and Edcrab:

I couldnt hit a 14 year old cos I am 17 (very nearly 18) and it would probably cause him serious dammage. I hit quite hard. Not to mention the trouble I would get in. But its mostly a moral thing for me to be honest. I wouldnt have a problem throwing him on the floor and just shouting at him for a good while though. That works a treat.

Warbie said:
That sux :/

I feel your pain - living next to a pub in chav central. Every weekend night there's a ruck outside my window. Police turning up is common place, once in riot gear.

Little thieving bastards all of them.

My friends call them 'the proletariat' or 'proles' (from 1984)
The underclass has been migrating from the industrialised towns into nice towns thanks to council estates and state welfare.

Don't worry, I'm sure when our generation get a chance at government(or earlier) we'll get everything in order. We're still living with politicians that grew up in the free 60s though, now.

kirovman said:

I didn't really get any trouble off charvers when I was younger, they had mouths, but no ability to do anything intimidating. It is getting worse though.
Sorry to hear about the special occasion ruined, I hate it when that kind of thing happens.
I live in Durham, North Carolina, which happens to be a city of less than 300,000, and yet we have one of the worst reputations in the country because of this:

http://www.welcome2durham.com/

Watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean. We've got a huge gang problem for a city our size. My school had a gang fight last year which was essentially a bare-knuckle melee with 20-30 students and older gang members from off-campus. Several students were expelled and the rest suspended for the rest of the year.

And about the special occasion badgy... sorry to hear it :(

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Can actually vouch for this since I lived in nottingham for most of my life so far...

Yeah, its really quite rough there. :(

Yeah, I've just been here as a student for a few years, but my real home is up North near Newcastle. There are plenty of charvers there, but I usually have a good laugh at them. It's funny how they are so stupid, you can mess with their minds.

Ennui said:
I live in Durham, North Carolina, which happens to be a city of less than 300,000, and yet we have one of the worst reputations in the country because of this:

Watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean. We've got a huge gang problem for a city our size. My school had a gang fight last year which was essentially a bare-knuckle melee with 20-30 students and older gang members from off-campus. Several students were expelled and the rest suspended for the rest of the year.

Wow....I saw the trailer for that movie.Like said before...

Those so called "chavs" ain't nothing compared the gangs here.I feel sorry that you have to live in a city like that...make me glad I live out in the country.

When I was significantly younger- back, in fact, before the whole problem was so pronounced- a bunch of them were throwing snowballs at me from across the street in my town centre.

The kept missing, and I chuckled slightly.

Then they started missing completely, with the sort of semi-feminine pathetic wrist twitching more normally associated with Mr Burns.

At this point I was laughing so hard that I was practically crying, and they went off in a sulk.

So, from this anecdote, it's possible to come to the conclusion that the best course of action is to... hurl teargas at them.

I'm far older than 14 myself, it's just that I can use the honest arguement that they all look (or at least try to look) so old these days. It's like a uniform that includes your facial expression, speech, and brain capacity.

kirovman said:
Yeah, I've just been here as a student for a few years, but my real home is up North near Newcastle. There are plenty of charvers there, but I usually have a good laugh at them. It's funny how they are so stupid, you can mess with their minds.

Heheh thats funny because I now live near newcastle!! Near a place called morpeth. :)

Heheh, and yeah you wana be carefull taking the piss out of chavs, if they dont understand they get angry. And most chavs in nottingham carry knives for when they get angry :(

Hell, I knew a guy in nottingham who was caught up in a gang confrontation and saw a gun pulled. (Note in Briton thats allmost unheard of!)

Foxtrot said:
Your English slang through me off a bit, but this is how I read it. Your friend tried to make friends with some annoying assholes and then he runs out into the field and a bunch of brigans jump over the fence to steal your coin purse but then the guys dad comes and that scares away the brigands? Wow, England is a violent place.

even tho i dont live in England, its pretty calm here where i live.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Heheh thats funny because I now live near newcastle!! Near a place called morpeth. :)

Heheh, and yeah you wana be carefull taking the piss out of chavs, if they dont understand they get angry. And most chavs in nottingham carry knives for when they get angry :(

Hell, I knew a guy in nottingham who was caught up in a gang confrontation and saw a gun pulled. (Note in Briton thats allmost unheard of!)

Yeah, that's where I'm from! Crazy. Went to King Edward VI. My mates got mugged in Nottingham last year: they were really drunk though, they probably could have handled themselves under normal circumstances.

You should talk to my brother, he is 17, plays HL2 and CS a lot.

kirovman said:
Yeah, that's where I'm from! Crazy. Went to King Edward VI. My mates got mugged in Nottingham last year: they were really drunk though, they probably could have handled themselves under normal circumstances.

You should talk to my brother, he is 17, plays HL2 and CS a lot.

Whats you're brothers name lol!!!!

You need to clear some space in your pm box?

EDIT: Yeah I'm sorry too Badger, filling up your thread.

Badger won't be pleased to know his thread turned into a personal chatroom. :p

eh.... ah...

One mo lol!

There.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry about this badge. Feel free to delete my useless posts if you feel like it.

that's ****ing disgusting. i hope they get what's coming to them, it should teach kids not to act up playing the 'ard bloke :hmph:

i'm glad you kept a clear head badger. if i was there i would've decked all three of em with pleasure.

at least you're all in one piece, probably shaken, but it sounded like you were having a nice time. hopefully it won't happen in future.

*goes to stand on the frontline*

KagePrototype said:

I love how people carry weapons, just because they dont want to get beat up

I don't know about Brits, but here in Australia, we have Chavs, but sort of different....and we treat them differently.
They are either Lebanese or drugged up Aussies we call "yobbo's", now, if they come over to my group of mates, we don't sit there and ignore them, as soon as one starts talking like they are from the ghetto, or come up to us with their chest and say "yo got a problem?", we just slap them.
I'm unfortunate enough to live in a town where lebs and yobbo's run free, and since my mates and I are pretty fun to be around with, we joke about everything, never once done anything illegal, we all try to have a good time. But when a group of lebs or yobbo's come up to us, it's time to teach these guys they don't run the place, hell, they call their cousins, but, for some odd reason, all my mates know some sort of martial arts, and we own. Myself, I don't know any martial art, but I can hold my own, I guess it comes from being a descendant of convicts from britain :p.
Our Police are Australian, and I know quite a few of them, in my area, we have a sort of honour system with the police. The police know we didn't start the problem, and we sort of have a community 'eye for eye' approach. Nothing too serious, just, if a group of lebs or yobbo's start a fight with us, we own them, the police nod their heads and we all go home.
I wish the Police system was like that were you are, but if you get along with the Police, they are really understanding.

If it happens again, I just say elbow him in the face and then just wait for the Police to show and tell them exactly what happened.

ComradeBadger said:
... one of my close mate's girlfriend's 19th birthday. We all went out for a nice meal in a good resturant where (I and a couple of others) know the manager.....

I thought this was a lost track from The Streets as I read it. But I'm a Yank, what do I know? :cheese:

Ennui said:

That sucks, I've lived under harsh coniditions similar to that before, but nothing close to a gang fight at school. Although someone did get stabbed once.

i have to say down here in north london we dont have such a big problem with the tracksuit in socks brigade....maybe cos the house prices are too much for their chavvy parents on welfare lol!!

anyhoo, best thing you can do is bulk up a bit and look like you dont take shit when you walk down the street. always worked for me.

I tell you it's the rise of the welfare state. It contributes so heavily to crime.

not really, its the rise in hopes and dreams brought on by a disgusting celebrity culture, without the necessary education to teach these illiterate chavs that you need to work hard in life to achieve.

i personally dont buy any of those gossip mags, nor am i particularly interested in any celebrity. whether its a local TV actor, or a hollywood actor. their personal lives just dont interest me really. having too much fun in my own.

I hate chavs... we should ship em off to a far flung colony and leave them to fend for themselves...

I know the feeling, but in France its the arabs, is the same, and to much laws protecting them, hopefully revolution will come soon.

[Matt] said:
I hate chavs... we should ship em off to a far flung colony and leave them to fend for themselves...
Then they would start their own country and call it New Australia. :thumbs:

I'm an American so I had no idea what a Chav was. So I looked it up on this. They wear their pants tucked into their socks? They're only about 12? They're the equivalent to American ghetto gangster gangbangers? What kind of barbaric backwards country do these people call home?

Back