Scientist slaying mod

Zeus

Tank
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
3,348
Reaction score
0
Ok I loved Scientist Slaughterhouse for HL1 and think a mod like that would be really cool for HL2. I won't start, or lead it, I'm just stating an idea, but will join it if someone sets up a team for it, and once I learn mapping in hammer.

:bounce:
 
You know, I think I've heard of something like that in HL1. If not a mod, someone definitely made a map with a whole slew of scientists in it and man, there was a lotta blood in that screenshot I saw. ;)

I was thinking though, why not make a mod sort of like a spinoff from HL2? Maybe not a direct spinoff, but say you could be one of those alien dudes I've seen in the demo videos whose mission is to maul as many scientists as you can per level. Of course you'd have to dodge enemy soldiers as well. And since you wouldn't have a gun, it would make things a bit more interesting. That's a very basic idea and I'm sure you could take that to another level if you thought about it. But I think it'd be cool to see HL2 from a different perspective or perhaps put some kind of meaning behind mindless slaughter of scientists. :d
 
See in S.S. for HL1 scientists are in spots, like behind glass, in front of turrets, ect. Ex: You walk into a room and see some scis behind a piece of glass in a big shaft and on some pad. You push the button and sci goes flying into the air then falls to the ground. Neat stuff.
 
lol, leave it to HL modders to think up a game like that. I'm SURE a sequel will be made if not by the same group of people, then someone else will pick it up.
 
Originally posted by Zeus
See in S.S. for HL1 scientists are in spots, like behind glass, in front of turrets, ect. Ex: You walk into a room and see some scis behind a piece of glass in a big shaft and on some pad. You push the button and sci goes flying into the air then falls to the ground. Neat stuff.

I don't think a whole mod team is required to make it. It isn't even a good idea to make such mod imo. Just a custom map would be enough to match your goals.
 
Originally posted by Fisheye
I don't think a whole mod team is required to make it. It isn't even a good idea to make such mod imo. Just a custom map would be enough to match your goals.

i agree
maps are enough to cover it up.
 
Yeah maps would be enough but that would be boring. At least with a mod you can add new weapons and/or models.
 
Originally posted by Zeus
Yeah maps would be enough but that would be boring. At least with a mod you can add new weapons and/or models.

I think the mod wil be boring. Okey it can be fun for like... 1 hour?
Do u really want to put your time in a mod nobody plays? Don't want to dissapoint u but i think these are the facts.
Altough such map could be nice for that 1 hour. So go ahead!

-FishY
 
OK how bout make it just a team that makes maps or better yet these can be co-op maps.
 
Originally posted by Fisheye
I think the mod wil be boring. Okey it can be fun for like... 1 hour?
Do u really want to put your time in a mod nobody plays? Don't want to dissapoint u but i think these are the facts.

he's right, just make a map, killing defencless things gets VERY boring VERY quickly, just like Postal 2!
 
*sigh* like I said, slap a story behind it or something if you're going to make a mod. You can see my earlier post above. I think it'd make things more interesting and actually GIVE you a reason to kill scientists. If you were to put a story into the mod you could still easily put scientists in rather unfortunate areas and situations where they get completely hosed by something the main character does. It can still be ridiculously hilarious, but also carry somewhat of a bit of depth with a story in there too. Just something to consider.
 
Custom maps would cover it? No way!

Scientist Slaughter house rocked! He coded loads of new things in, you could cut sci's in half or decapitate them! Custom maps could not do more than 80% of what he done for S.S.

I seriously hope they do a sequel for HL2. That would rock!
 
hmmmmm, you can't have gore as a selling point, mainly due to the fact it gets in the way of gd gameplay and begins to become boring (ref: SoFII and Postal 2)
 
w00t, scientist slaughter house was the funniest mod period. lol... i really enjoyed it :d, anyone doing one for HL2 ?
 
Originally posted by Fisheye
80% Is enough for me. ;)

-FishY

Whoops, that was very badly phrased. Meant to say "Can't do more than 20%". :E
 
Originally posted by mrBadger
hmmmmm, you can't have gore as a selling point, mainly due to the fact it gets in the way of gd gameplay and begins to become boring (ref: SoFII and Postal 2)

It wasn't as a selling point. He can mod what he wants. Obviously he found it fun, and probably didn't get bored of it due to the fact he made loads of updates. Loads of other people enjoyed it as well. So there. :p
 
Back
Top