Scientists create "dry water"

I always thought normal water was a bit too wet

Its over, the towel industry is finished.

They now have to, throw in their towels.

trollface.png

it's actually wet dry water

Each particle of dry water contains a water droplet surrounded by a sandy silica coating. In fact, 95 per cent of dry water is ''wet'' water.

imagine: one day someone die of dehydration, trapped amidst a desert of dry water sand.

Finally I can shower on the way to my date's house. I've always wanted to drive naked too and now I have my excuse!

He makes a "how hot is it?" joke. I don't remember the punchline.

inb4raz

Heh.

It's a Yakov Smirnoff joke.

How hot is it? It's so hot, I poured McDonalds coffee in my lap to cool off! Yakov Snirnoff said it.

Didn't scientist already create dry water 'sapphire' way back in 04?

solid =/= dry

Is it wet? No. Not wet = dry.

wet? ?/w?t/ Show Spelled [wet] Show IPA adjective, wet·ter, wet·test, noun, verb, wet or wet·ted, wet·ting.
–adjective
1. moistened, covered, or soaked with water or some other liquid: wet hands.
2. in a liquid form or state: wet paint.

Wet = Covered in liquid. Ice is not liquid. Ice is not wet.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_ice_wet

Is ice wet? No. Melting ice is wet.

Is it wet? No. Not wet = dry.

wet? ?/w?t/ Show Spelled [wet] Show IPA adjective, wet·ter, wet·test, noun, verb, wet or wet·ted, wet·ting.
–adjective
1. moistened, covered, or soaked with water or some other liquid: wet hands.
2. in a liquid form or state: wet paint.

Wet = Covered in liquid. Ice is not liquid. Ice is not wet.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_ice_wet

Is ice wet? No. Melting ice is wet.

We're talking about molecular construction here. Ice is not "dry water" anyway, it is frozen water. The atoms have slowed their movement. "Dry Water" is such that the water molecule is encased by silica molecules.

Dry means no liquid. So ice is dry. Ice is a solid, not a liquid and therefore is not wet.

Dry means no liquid. So ice is dry. Ice is a solid, not a liquid and therefore is not wet.

Dry means without water. Ice is water in a solid state.

If you're out in bad weather, the air could be said to be "dry air". It means air that has no water vapor in it. A vapor is a gas, and not a liquid. The water is still there in the air, if the vapor is present, but it's only said to be dry when there is no water vapor.

By your definition, air with water vapor would be dry. This is scientifically inaccurate.

Dry means without water. Ice is water in a solid state.

If you're out in bad weather, the air could be said to be "dry air". It means air that has no water vapor in it. A vapor is a gas, and not a liquid. The water is still there in the air, if the vapor is present, but it's only said to be dry when there is no water vapor.

By your definition, air with water vapor would be dry. This is scientifically inaccurate.

dry? ?/dra?/ Show Spelled [drahy] Show IPA adjective, dri·er, dri·est, verb, dried, dry·ing, noun, plural drys, dries.
–adjective
1. free from moisture or excess moisture; not moist; not wet: a dry towel; dry air.

The definition of dry is 'not wet'. It has nothing to do with lack of water in either a vapor or solid state. Ice is NOT WET. Therefore, ice IS dry.

Only water in liquid form is 'wet.'

You're backing up your ignorance with a dictionary?

MOISTURE IS THE PRESENCE OF WATER.

My god man. I hope you never complain about the humidity. Though maybe all that dry water floating around will keep you from being uncomfortable.

You trolling me, man? Or are you just lacking some basic knowledge here?

20100827234818clipboard.jpg

You're backing up your ignorance with a dictionary?

MOISTURE IS THE PRESENCE OF WATER.

My god man. I hope you never complain about the humidity. Though maybe all that dry water floating around will keep you from being uncomfortable.

Water vapor doesn't make you uncomfortable. You aren't wet until the water vapor in the air deposits on your skin in its liquid form. Being wet and sticky (liquid water and sweat) is what makes you uncomfortable.

For example. The air around my Big Gulp cup is DRY. It does have water vapor in it though. I know this for a fact because the outside of the big gulp cup becomes WET with liquid water from condensation. Until the water vapor turns to liquid and adheres to the cup, the cup will be considered dry even though there is technically water molecules bouncing around and against it the whole time. Doesnt mean squat until it turns to that liquid form- then it can be called "WET"

Raziaar said:
Though maybe all that dry water floating around will keep you from being uncomfortable.
Water vapor doesn't make you uncomfortable.

That was called sarcasm! And the water vapor is entirely what makes muggy days uncomfortable. It's a transfer of water(moisture) in one state, to water(moisture) in another state.

Just what do you think humidity is exactly? It's a the water vapor in the air. It's the MOISTURE in the air. Why is water vapor moisture? Because it's water... even though it's in the gaseous state.

It's just there in the air.

YouTube-Insane-Clown-Posse-Miracles.jpg

Rakurai you're arguing semantics about something and you don't even seem to be aware of what it is. It's already been noted in this thread that it's still mostly wet, dry water is just a name. See those quotation marks around it in the topic? Yeah.

Meh. I'm done with this. ****ing Magnets.

That was called sarcasm! And the water vapor is entirely what makes muggy days uncomfortable. It's a transfer of water(moisture) in one state, to water(moisture) in another state.

Just what do you think humidity is exactly? It's a the water vapor in the air. It's the MOISTURE in the air. Why is water vapor moisture? Because it's water... even though it's in the gaseous state.

Moisture has nothing to do with wetness.

Dryness is a lack of wetness. Ice is dry.

Wikipedia states that moisture can even spoil DRY goods such as teas.

wikipedia said:
"Moisture generally refers to the presence of water, often in trace amounts.

The moisture content is often an important aspect of foodstuffs including cheese and many dried goods such as tea where excess moisture can promote bacterial growth, decay, molding, or rotting over time."

wikipedia said:
"Wetting is the ability of a liquid to maintain contact with a solid surface, resulting from intermolecular interactions when the two are brought together. The degree of wetting (wettability) is determined by a force balance between adhesive and cohesive forces."

Something that is not wet is considered dry.

Back