Scout Vs Awp

Which one?

• Scout!

Votes: 82 66.7%
  • AWP!!!11

Votes: 41 33.3%

• Total voters
The AWP is only more accurate when standing still. If it's scout VS awp, the scoutguy can jump around so the AWPer has a hard time to hit him, while the scoutguy can take down the AWPguy in a couple of shots. Scout vs AWP = scout win imo.

AWP all the way... scouts cool and all.. but I just love power at the tip of my triggerfinger :E

what he said ^

woops thats a bad trend to follow.

by logic:

scout > awp

however, the awp takes less skill than the scout so it is far more effective on average.

The AWP is only good at long range and campspot. In other situations, you have to rely on your Deagle. So awp means camp or deagle. The advantage of a scout is that you can also use it in close combat.

And scout wins by FAR if you look at the quality/money.

It depends.
I use scout when going with magnums and I always win.
I use magnums when going with autos.

I like the Scout better because when I use it, I don't feel like a sad sack of shit. In CS:S, there shold be NO 1-shot kill weapons, with the exception of the Scout, where it's rare, when you can get shot roughly 8 times point blank with some guns and not die.

However, on effectiveness, AWPs are much better. Anyone can tell you that. Buy a Deagle and AWP and learn how to switch between the two like you're on speed, or set up a script to do it for you (lazy ass), and you can take on half the other team, no problem!

DeathIncarnate said:
The AWP is only good at long range and campspot. In other situations, you have to rely on your Deagle. So awp means camp or deagle. The advantage of a scout is that you can also use it in close combat.

And scout wins by FAR if you look at the quality/money.

lol who says u have to have a deagle as ur sidearm

and why cant u use awp at close range?

of course you can

Malfunction said:
Buy a Deagle and AWP and learn how to switch between the two like you're on speed, or set up a script to do it for you (lazy ass), and you can take on half the other team, no problem!

I just hate this kind of talk. If it's so easy to take out half the other team with awp and deagle, why don't you take part in CS tournaments and earn a lot of cash by winning? Just form a clan, you take one half of the enemy team down, your clanmates kill the rest, pretty easy, huh?

I prefer the scout mostly because it is more affordable and how fast it is (both rate of fire and weight).

But thus far, no one has mentioned the intimidation factor of the awp. I for one have done this and have noticed others doing it as well..."don't go that way, there's an awp." A single skilled awp'er can hold one area of the map.

i feel like a walking tank with awp. Scout is weaker and inaccurate as hell but faster when shooting. I'd go with Scout.

Exclamatio said:
lol who says u have to have a deagle as ur sidearm

and why cant u use awp at close range?

of course you can

Well, what else would you have as sidearm? USP? Glock? What's wrong with a deagle? And even if you have another handgun... It will still be handgun vs AK or something. Assuming your opponents have about the same skill as you, the AK will win. If your opponents aren't your skill... Well... Then offcourse you pwn them with AWP. But you could also have pwned them with silenced smg lol...

And offcourse you can use AWP in close combat, but scout >>> awp in closecombat. Scout can shoot unscoped, can shoot faster, is more accurate on the move, etc.

I hate sitting in one place waiting.
I hate camping
I suck at sniping
If I had to choose
I'd choose Scout
Because you need skill to use a scout
and people knowing you have skill is better than actually getting tons of kills
1 Scout kill = 4 awp kills in skill

i love the scout. once u get used to it headshots kill all the time cept if they get too close...

plus it feels like u run faster with the scout than a knife?! any1 else notice that?

DeathIncarnate said:
Well, what else would you have as sidearm? USP? Glock? What's wrong with a deagle?

small clip not as good accuracy as the usp. overall i prefer the deagle when scouting as its good for defense, but for offence you need large clips, even if it is only 7 or 8 bullets more, tbh i held off 4 terrorists with a usp, didn't kill them, but stopped them escaping the bomb blast.

Scout, it has a faster reaload time. Although, I don't snipe so I woudn't be 100% sure.

DeathIncarnate said:
Well, what else would you have as sidearm? USP? Glock? What's wrong with a deagle? And even if you have another handgun... It will still be handgun vs AK or something. Assuming your opponents have about the same skill as you, the AK will win. If your opponents aren't your skill... Well... Then offcourse you pwn them with AWP. But you could also have pwned them with silenced smg lol...

And offcourse you can use AWP in close combat, but scout >>> awp in closecombat. Scout can shoot unscoped, can shoot faster, is more accurate on the move, etc.

was pointing out that ur post was opinion, hardly the basis for a good argument :p

stinger.aim92 said:
I just hate this kind of talk. If it's so easy to take out half the other team with awp and deagle, why don't you take part in CS tournaments and earn a lot of cash by winning? Just form a clan, you take one half of the enemy team down, your clanmates kill the rest, pretty easy, huh?

I wasn't giving exact figures, but I know from plenty of experience that anyone with some skill and knows how sniping works in CS:S, well, they can use the gun at such close ranges that it becomes ridiculous. I'm just saying, in most situations, having an AWP is better than having any other gun. People don't want to die early, so they try to get away from AWPers, which is dumb. I just find it really to be bullshit, that a person can withstand 8 pistol rounds at point blank to their body and not die, while one rifle bullet from a much larger distance can kill them in one hit. Until guns actually do somewhat realistic damage I will not stop complaining about them.

I think a flashbang to the head should knock the person out and you can like cut them then...

CookieCuttah said:
I think a flashbang to the head should knock the person out and you can like cut them then...

yeah because thats exactly what we were discussing you fool

Malfunction said:
I wasn't giving exact figures, but I know from plenty of experience that anyone with some skill and knows how sniping works in CS:S, well, they can use the gun at such close ranges that it becomes ridiculous. I'm just saying, in most situations, having an AWP is better than having any other gun. People don't want to die early, so they try to get away from AWPers, which is dumb. I just find it really to be bullshit, that a person can withstand 8 pistol rounds at point blank to their body and not die, while one rifle bullet from a much larger distance can kill them in one hit. Until guns actually do somewhat realistic damage I will not stop complaining about them.
Well, why don't you try using the AWP just once? To be honest it's not better than any other gun in most situations. Yeah it's great for sniping out of the window near the garage in Office or trying to hold down Bombsite A in Dust2, but it really is worthless in most situations & most maps. Unless you're an excellent sniper you won't be seeing any 39-0 scores with just the AWP. Hell, even a lot of AWPers switch to Deagle or Dualies alot from what I've seen.

Why do you also think that because they don't want to die, that they want to get away from the good AWP'ers? Come on, it's common sense. Say you're a CT in Dust2 & 3 seconds after the match starts you go B & get AWP'ed, now that's not any fun right? So obviously to get some kills they'd go Double doors or A, that's one reason I can think of. And you know why they don't die with 8 pistol shots at point-blank range? Because only n00bs are dumb enough to go up against ANY AWP'er with just a Pistol.

Remember, whining won't get you anywhere until you do something about it to solve it. Either learn to AWP or just stop bs'ing. Hell I probably can drive to where you live in less than an hour, I should go over there & show you :)

Vorac1ous said:
Remember, whining won't get you anywhere until you do something about it to solve it. Either learn to AWP or just stop bs'ing

I agree. I think people should just learn to deal with it. The gun is in the game for a reason, if people would just spend more time thinking of ways to beat rather then ways to bitch about it they would see there are ways around it. Same thing goes for autosnipers. Learn to adapt to the situation, don't be overconfident......if you try to take down an AWPer across the bridge on aztec with your AK and are lucky enough to get that first burst off but fail to kill him don't try it again because theres a 90% chance you will die and you made it easy for him. There is nothing wrong with tuckin' tail and hiding.......you are always better alive then dead.

Sorry if off topic :smoking:

To take down an AWPer is pretty easy becuase the bolt pull is so long. A good example, the double doors to the middle hall on Dust2.
Usually there is a AWPer T camping the spawn, so walk across the opening, usually he will fire. Once he does, run through the DDs into the hall to site B. Then, go up and behind him. Another good tactic it to just buy a flashbang or a smoke grenade and user it to advance up through there.

Auto-Sniper are a bit more difficult, you have to get them from behind, or while they reload. Most Auto Snipers have no skill, and just spam rounds in you general direction. Do not be afraid of an auto sniper, just know where he is shooting. Once you know where he is, use an alternate route to kill him.

On a side note, besides a rifle, a good, cheap SMG for closer ranges is the MP-5. For longer ranges, go with the UMP. These two will help when it comes to taking out snipers, becuase once you get in close enough, there is really nothing they can do in time.

I find the awp more skillfull then Scout. Reasons!:

The awp you have harder times dodging, so you have to be dead on with your aim. Miss once, you could be dead if the guy shootng you doesn't suck.

The Scout you can strafe, jump, hit...random, but many times more then when you try with the awp. you can't be moving to hit someone with the awp.

I've only honestly seen newbs (not saying you are) complain that the AWP is for losers and this and that. Never seen a Vet complain about it.

Other reasons exist, but I'm afraid I left my Flame Suit in my other shorts.

Exclamatio said:
yeah because thats exactly what we were discussing you fool
We were talking about realism. And since a flashabang is as heavy as a rock it would make sense that it would knock someone out. Much like 8 rounds from a pistol should kill on the 2nd shot. Basicly, my point was that CS:S isn't realistic and if it was it would be pretty damn annoying crawling on your knees after the first shot hit you.

CookieCuttah said:
We were talking about realism. And since a flashabang is as heavy as a rock it would make sense that it would knock someone out. Much like 8 rounds from a pistol should kill on the 2nd shot. Basicly, my point was that CS:S isn't realistic and if it was it would be pretty damn annoying crawling on your knees after the first shot hit you.

Exactly. So since the game isn't realistic one bit, no weapon should be killing anyone in one shot. That's my problem. And then, since the gun is almost always a one-shot kill, you can be damaging the sniper with something like an M4 while he's shooting at you, yet the scope stays just as steady, and he's free to pick you off.

Scout all the way and before i start sorry to awp lovers if i offend!
awp just seems to much of a noob canon with inch thick bullets that never mis im sorry but a shot in the top half of a leg shouldnt be fatel several times crosshairs have been cm's from the head's yet still a kill.

i guess it boils down to scout = skill, awp = someone that cant be botherd to master a scout. :)

CADMonkey said:
Scout kills are more enjoyable. The AWP makes me feel like I'm cheating.
Quoted for concurrence. Scout gets points because of its quietness, too.

Scout:

+Cheapest
+Fast reload
+One shot, one kill when headshot.
+Needs more skill so no awp-n00bs.

No minuses

All of a sudden I've been kicking major ass with a Scout/Deagle combo. I've been getting so many one-shot kills without hitting heads, though I get plenty of headshots too. I still like using the Scout best, but I feel with most an AWP is their better rifle.

i definitely like the scout better for the reasons others have mentioned above... quicker movement, shooting, reloading. It is the main gun i use as its the closest i'm going to get to the sniper rifle in Action Quake 2... ahhh the memories :)

i think with more practice with the awp i will come to like it just as much but at the moment my quickswitching/awp skills aren't upto scratch :(

yeh, the scout's much better value for money - and what with the awp being a bit ghey with it's one shot kill percentage, i kinda wish they'd left it out of this version anyway

I don't get how AWP kills in 1 shot, even to the upper leg... It's not that powerful. o_O (Isn't a .50 is it?)

Back