Secret Santa Sign Up & Wishlists - Closes Wednesday the 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Edit: I extended the deadline a bit to give members who don't check the forums every day more of a chance to see it.

Hello I'm happy to announce the fourth first annual Valvetime.net Secret Santa! We're starting a bit late this year so the deadline for signing up is a bit tight. Please sign up before Wednesday the 19th at 10pm GMT. I'll try to get the names sent out that night.

For the sake of protecting the event from anyone with bad intentions we can only let established, trusted members of the community take part. If you're not sure about entering ask in the discussion thread.

Rules for sign up:
  1. By posting in this thread you are agreeing to take part in the Secret Santa, meaning you must buy a gift for the person whose name you are given and in turn you will also receive a gift from a different anonymous member.
  2. In this thread post only a link to your Steam wishlist and any comments you may have for your Secret Santa about it. Any other comments go in the discussion thread. Here is an example of a wishlist link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/riomhaire/wishlist
Once sign up is closed I will randomly assign everyone a Secret Santa and send out PMs informing you who you are buying for. Make sure to check out their wishlist below.

Buying your gift
You must spend $10 minimum on your gift but you can be as generous as you like.. As this is Valve Time all gifts are going to be done through Steam. Note the $10 is taking into account any sale prices during the Chirstmas sale so if you have a particular game in mind for your giftee WAIT AND SEE IF IT SHOWS UP IN A DAILY DEAL.

You must not tell the person whose name you have been given that you are their Secret Santa. It's supposed to be a secret. In general telling anyone who you're buying gifts for is discouraged but not forbidden.

Now the buying guide: READ THIS
  1. Step one is very simple: Find the game(s) you want to buy as your gift and add them to your cart.
  2. When you have everything added to your cart proceed to the checkout and select PURCHASE AS A GIFT.
  3. Next you much choose your delivery method. Send it as an email to [email protected] . Make sure you spell this correctly!
  4. Next is adding in a custom gift note and finally payment. You should be able to handle that yourself.

The deadline for having your gifts sent in is the day after the Steam Christmas sale ends, which is reportedly the 4th of January. Once I have all the games I will try to get them all sent out to their new owners as quickly as I can. If you're planning on buying something in the sale make sure to remove it from your wishlist so that your Secret Santa doesn't end up buying it for you as well!

Once again this thread is for sign ups only. If you have any questions or want to point out spelling mistakes please take them to the discussion thread!

And remember signing up is a promise of a gift to another member. If you fail to take part that means someone is missing out on their present after having spent their own money for someone else. It goes without saying that if we do not receive your gift we will not be sending you on the one that was bought for you.

Attachments

• step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 579
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 765
  • step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 664
Official sign up example (also my actual signing up post)

Wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/riomhaire/wishlist

I should add that currently I mostly use a netbook with an nVidia ION so low-end games are preferred. It's in alphabetical order, not order of preference so pick from anywhere on the list. Whoever my secret santa is going to be you have a lot to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back