September 1st

old news fool!

I knew about it this morning!

i should have posted it.

im very excited.

I knew about it earlier too, just checked and saw that no one had bothered to post :)

it comes with the silver and gold hl2 packages. if you bought bronze, then your screwed up the ass, unless you wanna shell out again for another HL2 package on a new account :p

blinking halo said:
it comes with the silver and gold hl2 packages. if you bought bronze, then your screwed up the ass, unless you wanna shell out again for another HL2 package on a new account :p

You're so naive. I bet it will be about $20-30 to buy over steam, probably be retail aswell, seeing as EA will try and milk VALVe in retail.

Very true, I wonder if they will give us any other games with DOD?

It would be nice to just try HL-Source, since I never got to with retail..

I read somewhere that it was going to be a mp bundle: CS:S, DoD:S and HL2DM ...but I'm sure they'll offer DoD alone on steam

I get DoD:S and HL:S for $10 :)

jdufault said:
Very true, I wonder if they will give us any other games with DOD?

It would be nice to just try HL-Source, since I never got to with retail..
its exactly the same as HL, except with pretty water. same textures and everything.

i bought gold, so i can dl DOD:S when it comes out :p

SixThree said:
I get DoD:S and HL:S for $10 :)

Same :D

Oh, and for all of you looking for some irony, September 1st is the starting date for WW2

Me go teh silver !
me g3t dis 4 fr33 !
m3 teh 1337

DigiQ8 said:
Me go teh silver !
me g3t dis 4 fr33 !
m3 teh 1337

lol how long did it take you to write that out in 1337 speak

a few things, firstly steam is VALVes distribution platform so EA have nothing to do with and the whole entire game has been given a graphical over hall so although it does have 'pretty' water its also got updated models, maps, textures, sounds and gameplay

Malarkee said:
a few things, firstly steam is VALVes distribution platform so EA have nothing to do with and the whole entire game has been given a graphical over hall so although it does have 'pretty' water its also got updated models, maps, textures, sounds and gameplay

Err...yeah... we already knew that...

Ennui said:
its exactly the same as HL, except with pretty water. same textures and everything.

i bought gold, so i can dl DOD:S when it comes out :p

DiSTuRbEd said:
You're so naive. I bet it will be about $20-30 to buy over steam, probably be retail aswell, seeing as EA will try and milk VALVe in retail.

:upstare:

Malarkee said:

When Ennui said it was the same textures etc, he was talking about HL:Source, he even quoted someone saying they'd like to get a chance to play HL:S.

disturbed: please explain your 'naive' comment. do you mean that valve will force silver and gold package owners to buy a seperate version of DoD? i think not, as they would have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands.

blinking halo said:
disturbed: please explain your 'naive' comment. do you mean that valve will force silver and gold package owners to buy a seperate version of DoD? i think not, as they would have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands.

/me slaps head....

I'll just shoot myself now....

The textures, models, etc. have all been upgraded, otherwise DoD:S would have been out months ago. They felt DoD:S needed a better port than HL:S. This is old news though, but may be new to some of you. Just search for old Weekly Steam News posts, you'll find it.

HL:S (which is what I was talking about in my earlier post) was mainly a test to see how well a HL engine game could be ported to Source.

DOD:S has been given a complete graphical overhaul - 100% new content. New textures, models, etc.

Not Sept 1st... ok... just let us know...

If valve is going to miss another deadline... the least they could do is show us a little courtesy and let us know... just not let Sept. 1 come and go while they stand in the corner and work on CS:S. Just my 2 cents.

orsinijj said:
If valve is going to miss another deadline... the least they could do is show us a little courtesy and let us know... just not let Sept. 1 come and go while they stand in the corner and work on CS:S. Just my 2 cents.

They never said Sept 1st was the release date. If they did it would be posted about everywhere you can think of.

Next Wednesday the print magazine Gamstar 09/2005 will be in the shops. It features a small preview of Day of Defeat Source including the expected releasedate: September, 1st 2005. On this day the Steam and Shop version should get released. If these information are right, DoD Source must gone gold within the next 2-3 weeks.

*** UPDATE ***
DoD.net Forums: Lombardi: "YES. WE HOPE TO HAVE THE GAME AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE TO PLAY BY SEPTEMBER 1."

This states that they "Hope" to release it by September 1st. So it has been said.

Rumour is that the latest issue of CGW says something about the release date too, but I can't find it.

just a hunch but .....I think DoD will come bundled with Aftermath

CptStern said:
just a hunch but .....I think DoD will come bundled with Aftermath

That would be very lovely, save me having to use my debit card twice. :E

solaris152000 said:
Where does it say its out on sep 1st

It doesn't. That was a quote from quite a while ago. The CGW article said it's due out in "fall", but that's still not a commitment to a release date.

With the complete lack of any publicity surrounding this game, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

DiSTuRbEd said:
That would be very lovely, save me having to use my debit card twice. :E

not for me :( I've already paid for DoD:S

Back