Shacknews "Left 4 Dead is going to be a major hit"

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Shacknews have a new preview for Left 4 Dead declaring that the game is going to be a major hit and that Valve have nailed this thing in every way possible. They also say you can't really judge the game and sense of danger from the videos, you have to play it to appreciate it.

So even months away from its release, I may as well declare what some already know: Left 4 Dead is going to be a major hit.[br]

The developers have nailed this thing in every way possible. The pacing. The polish. The guns. The zombies. Even the console port is great.

Left 4 Dead is the first multiplayer game I've played that nails that same sense of tension and release in a randomized scenario. When a boss Infected blasts through a wall, I'm back in my backyard, running for my life--only this time armed with shotguns and assault rifles.

The game will ship with two modes: Co-op and Versus. Co-op challenges players to survive the Infected AI on their way through lengthy scenarios. Versus does the same, but adds an additional four players in the role of the Infected, trying to stop the humans from reaching checkpoints. At the end of a round, the teams switch sides, attempting to beat eachother's times.

Left 4 Dead is coming November 18th in the US, 21st everywhere else. Get ready.

Wtf, now Shacknews is saying the 18th. DigiQ8 says Doug is right saying the 18th, while I say Gabe is right by him saying the 20th on North America and 21st for Europe. Digi sent out an e-mail anywho. :dork:

Am I the only one who still isn't hyped about the game and has shown little to no interest since it was first revealed? :hmph:

Am I the only one who still isn't hyped about the game and has shown little to no interest since it was first revealed? :hmph:

That would be yes. I am exciiiiiiiiited:D

My old PC probably won't be able to run this baby.

yeah quite honestly, for some reason I cant seem to value this game in my head above 20$ especially considering that zombie mods on source are quite good already

I'm either way on this one, really. I think it'll be fun, but I don't see it grabbing my attention for a very long time. How much is it going to be, anyway?

I am not into multiplayer games and I am the only person in the world who thinks that TF2 is boring. But I am really hyped about Left 4 Dead.

I'm getting tired of all these previews that are just saying the same damn things over and over again.

if you don't have any new info stfu plz and don't waste my time.

I played it in Leipzig and I can fully agree with the headline. This is already great.

I wasn't excited about it first, but because I've become a Valve Fanboy over the years, I'll try it out. What gets me about this game is Coop! Long time has passed since my last SvenCoop session with friends, and I'm eager to kill some zombies with them now :D

I have a certain, distant interest in this game, but I'm not at all excited for it.

We all knew this will be greatness. I dont think anyone here doubted Valve/and the Turtle Rock guys for a sec.

Omg!!

CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 21ST AND THE USA GET IT BEFORE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME, I'M OBSESSED BY IT!!!:sniper:

Marler, let's avoid posting in Font Size 10 in the future! Your point is made at normal size!

No because its become a recent trend especially on the internet to shit on someones parade and try to be different by having a negative view point to everything... so, no, you're not the only annoying person...

How could a valve guru such as you barnz have a even worse PC than mine? :O

No, you're not.

I'm vaguely interested but the AI director is the only thing that's piquing it right now. The visuals have slightly underwhelmed me, but I'm prepared to ignore that if it plays well. I want the AI director to lean towards being very challenging, not very forgiving as I suspect will be the case. I want my 90s Nightmare mode back.

I'm also worried that there will be lots of room for griefing as the Infected. I expect Team Roomba to be doing the rounds with this when it comes out.

No, you're not.

I'm vaguely interested but the AI director is the only thing that's piquing it right now. The visuals have slightly underwhelmed me, but I'm prepared to ignore that if it plays well. I want the AI director to lean towards being very challenging, not very forgiving as I suspect will be the case. I want my 90s Nightmare mode back.

Hehe, Loving the doom reference, there might be some hope left for today's generation of high-tech kiddies.

I miss my duke nukem co-op games :(

It was a separate .exe (or .bat?) where you had to put a ****load of internet info for your friend, a very very tricky process.

56k-and-less multiplayer experience for the win.

Back