Should I delete Half-Life & CS?

ROD

Reaction score
I already own Half-Life and Counter-Strike. I know that Steam will download these all over again as well, so my question is: should i delete them before installing steam? I don't want to use up more hard-drive than I have to. Oh yeah, 1 more question: Is CS 1.6 stand-alone? Meaning you don't need CS retail or mod to play. Thanx.

Yes, CS 1.6 is totally standalone.

You might want to keep the normal Half-Life installation around if you want to play MODs other than TFC or CS. There would probably be some compatibility problems with using MODS on Steam HL, as the version number is up to 1.1.1.1 and there are some fairly major changes.

No, Steam will only dowload patches and updates which are few and far in between. And you probably want to have them anyway unless you don't plan to play those games at all.

So you're saying that I shouldn't delete my retail versions? All I play is Counter-Strike. I SOMETIMES play single-player Half-Life. So should I delete them? I only play those 2 games.

Hmm, my setup was kind of like your's and when I downloaded steam it really didn't upgrade anything. Just downloaded a few updates for itself.

i can't wait until i download opposing force! it works for single player, right?!?

opposing force doesnt work at all, i want to play the singleplayer as well

Yeah opposing force doesn't work.

For some reason I get this error when I try to launch it from steam. "STEAM VFS failed to mount". ???

Back