Should the spy beable to hear opposing teams chat?

Puzzlemaker

Reaction score
I think it would be an awesome little addition. What do you all think?

There is a skill like that in CoD4, which no one uses because no one uses it's voice chat.

As for TF2, I'm against it. Anything that gives people a reason not to use the mic is a bad thing IMO.

I don't see why. Because he put on clothing *or mask* that tricks the other team...he doesn't have their com system!

I found it a little awkward, having all-talk on in arena. As a spy, I pretty much couldn't say anything, and as a medic there were definitely times I wanted to announce where I was to my team, but couldn't because I'd be hunted down by the other team. Oh, and engie, to say where I hid my dispenser. Basically, in a mode that tries to emphasize tactics and team coordination, it doesn't make sense to disallow team secrets. (And typing is rarely a safe option.)

As far as being able to hear the other team, heck no.

While at first it would be useful, smart players would learn to speak in code to throw off any eavesdropping spies.

Or use ventrilo / teamspeak purely for voice chat. I think the idea would be great, but might not be good for the game. Maybe just the text chat?

No.

I think it's unneccessary.

Back