Silent Hill 8

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
There isn't much to say. The trailer looks promising.

.No PC version.
.This time, you are a prisoner. Your name is Murphy Pendleton.
.Dan Licht is replacing Akira Yamaoka - his work is good.
.It's being developed by Czech based company, Vatra Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7xj78t4dk

p.s. You can see some locations from the original Silent Hill in the trailer.

It will eventually come.

Looks ok, didn't really get any decent insights into the game from the trailer though, was featured around one room mainly :/

Dan Licht is known for his work on the television show Dexter. He's good.

I know. I love his work. ;)

No PC and no Yamaoka? :[

Well I just watched the trailer. I'm pretty excited.

Is this PS3/360 or Wii/PS2? I still need to get Silent Hill Wii. I had the ending spoiled after waiting to get it for so long. Must get it before I know everything in it D:

It's for PlayStation 3, and 360. I also want to play Shattered Memories. Why can't they port it to Windows, and release it only on Steam?

You know I never played any silent hill after part 2... (Ok a lie, played the demo for part 3)

I only ever liked the original, the 2nd wasn't my favorite, I heard it adored by many fans, but meh, not my cup of tea, I like the look of silent hill shattered memories.

It's for PlayStation 3, and 360. I also want to play Shattered Memories. Why can't they port it to Windows, and release it only on Steam?
Japanese games tend not to get ported to the PC very well in any case.

It wasn't developed by Japanese.

**** this. Am I the only one that feels like there have been WAAAYYY too many SH games coming out recently with none of them being able to live up to the quality of ****ing SH2???

**** this. Am I the only one that feels like there have been WAAAYYY too many SH games coming out recently with none of them being able to live up to the quality of ****ing SH2???
I disagree with that statement. I liked Homecoming alot. Or would have anyways if it weren't so buggy, but I enjoyed it's story nonetheless because I got to where I really cared about Alex Shepherd by the end of the game.

Poor guy man, what a crappy turn of events for him. Very VERY depressing story. :(

I won't say why just in case someone else hasn't played it and still want to.

At any rate, for my wishlist on the next game in the series, I always thought it would be cool to have a Silent Hill game where the entire town was open for exploration. Every district, every building, every room. That would be a dream come true for me as I've always had some interest in the town itself.

Oh, I also liked Akira Yamaoka's work in the series. I hope this new guy doesn't spoil the soundtrack.

Shattered Memories would like to have a word with you.
Ok, I admit that SM was very good, but it still does not stand up to one of the scariest games I have ever played: SH2. For me that was the high point of the series getting everything right in terms of story and atmosphere and combat and everything in between.

This. Silent Hill 8? Didn't even realise there had been 7 previous games in the series. What's Yamoaka doing now?

Ok, I admit that SM was very good, but it still does not stand up to one of the scariest games I have ever played: SH2. For me that was the high point of the series getting everything right in terms of story and atmosphere and combat and everything in between.

Original Silent Hill was way better than Silent Hill 2.

They're already at 8? I feel like 5 just came out. I'm not remotely close to a Silent Hill fan though. Horror games aren't really my thing. I mean I do like action and FPS games with some horror aspects - but I get quickly jaded by pure horrorg games.

In fairness, were the PC ports of Silent Hill ever worth playing?

Could be good if it's anything like the original games. I've been wanting to play a Silent Hill game lately.

I really loved a few entries into this series... then shit just got stupid.

Here's to hoping for a good reboot (forgot to post this one in my thread). Love the art style so far seen in Game Informer, Kotaku, etc.

I'm getting psyched for this, but after looking at some screenshots this SH reboot for some reason reminds me of Alan Wake. I hope it stays true to the SH namesake as far as puzzles and riddles go. Many survival-horror games seem to be eschewing this aspect of the genre lately and have been going towards a more action-oriented approach. I liked Homecoming and all, but if Downpour is anything like it, I might pass. Or at least wait until the price goes down.

Why are you referring to it as a reboot? Isn't it just a sequel? It's not like they're reviving a long-dead series. Last game released in the series was Shattered Memories in 2009, before that was Homecoming 2008, before that there was Origins in 2007.

Why are you referring to it as a reboot? Isn't it just a sequel? It's not like they're reviving a long-dead series. Last game released in the series was Shattered Memories in 2009, before that was Homecoming 2008, before that there was Origins in 2007.
It's not a sequel. It's a stand alone title. The only direct sequel/prequel titles in the history of SH franchise are Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill Origins. Every other Silent Hill titles are all stand alone titles, excluding Shattered Memories (which is a remake of SH1).

Homecoming, Shattered Memories, and Origins were *I think* spin-offs.

Ok, Shattered Memories is really a different game to the rest. It uses the same basic premise as the original game but tells a completely different story with different elements.

I still fail to see how this is a "reboot". Sure it focuses on entirely new characters with only a tenuous connection to the original. The same was true of 2, 4 and Homecoming and no one called them reboots.

LOL. What a boring, monotonous man who has absolutely no idea how to present himself. A MAJOR MILESTONE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. And then the smile at the end. So stayed tuned and enjoy. Smile. The icing on the cake. Do you think he's a fan of horror games? I mean, that candle - and a pyramid head. He must like Silent Hill. What a fan. The series is obviously in the right hands.

Ok, Shattered Memories is really a different game to the rest. It uses the same basic premise as the original game but tells a completely different story with different elements.

I still fail to see how this is a "reboot". Sure it focuses on entirely new characters with only a tenuous connection to the original. The same was true of 2, 4 and Homecoming and no one called them reboots.

My... uh.. mistake - I don't really know the various spin-offs, etc. I pretty much am going by the original game, which my memories are limited towards, as I was something around eleven or twelve. haha.

by "reboot" I mean in the Resident Evil 4 sense. Changing up the gameplay entirely so that it plays, feels and tells the narrative in an entirely different way. That's all, really - same characters and canon apply in some cases.

Back