SimCity 5 Announcement

dammit, EA

iQP2oSgKeX3uU.gif

The game is really awesome... I think the city size thing is a big misunderstanding of how the inter-city mechanics work. Your region is practically one giant city with different specialized regions. I love being able to play as a mining city then quickly shift over to my tourism city to improve the number of high-wealth workers than can find the few high paying jobs in my mining city. Likewise, people from the mining city are need to run things such as schools and tourist spots.

I haven't bothered playing with other people yet but my 6 city region is doing quite well. Just start with mining as it is easy to generate wealth really quickly. Don't be afraid to take out bonds for mining equipment if you are in the green. The payoff will ultimately out do the interest as long as you get your safety systems up before dropping the second extractor. You need to constantly be checking unemployment every hour as that will tell you all you need to know about zoning. One thing I also noticed is that there will always be a high demand for industry. This doesn't mean you should necessarily build industry. Getting people to fill every job available or reducing the amount of jobs to make up for that is always your first priority. Next off I built a tourism city for more high-wealth workers and taxpayers (although as I think about it a middle-wealth education focused city might have been better.

My oil wells are on the verge of running dry, but the recycling+trading combination is really paying off, especially with all the recycled alloys

Spark_2013-03-10_23-24-36_zps960395b5.png

WHY HAS NO ONE TRIED TO ****ING ADD ME?!

I'm going to start slitting necks. :l

Looks like all your your loss in profit could be covered by paying your bonds. I've been working the Doral Tournament all weekend... Finally time to sit back and sim. you should add me if you want to play... same name

WHY HAS NO ONE TRIED TO ****ING ADD ME?!

I'm going to start slitting necks. :l
I think there's only like 4 people including you that have the game and have posted in this thread.

Well, they gave me a bunch of games to pick from for my troubles - I chose Dead Space 3.

Not directly related to Sim City but this whole always-online discussion was definitely sparked by this game, so I'll chuck it here instead of making another thread which will get like 10 posts maybe and then fizzle out.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/10...-it-Microsoft-Game-Studios-creative-director/

The twitter conversation (if they can even really be called that) in full:

Orth: Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an ‘always on’ console. Every device now is ‘always on’. That's the world we live in. #dealwithit
I want every device to be ‘always on’.
Random guy: Off the top of my head I know 5 people who own 360's who currently have no access to the internet. They would be screwed
Orth: Those people should definitely get with the times and get the internet. It's awesome.
BioWare designer Manveer Heir: Did you learn nothing from Diablo III or SimCity? You know some people’s internet goes out right? Deal with it is a shitty reason.
Orth: Electricity goes out, too.
Heir: You lived in LA, SF, Seattle… very connected places. Try living in Janesville, WI or Blacksburg, VA… You should move to a NON-CITY for a period of time and tell me how your attitudes change. Gamers live in non urban areas too.
Orth: Why on earth would I live there?
Sorry for expressing my personal opinion about what I want from the electronic devices that I pay for on Twitter. Jesus.
The mobile reception in the area I live in is spotty and unreliable. I will not buy a mobile phone.
Sometimes the electricity goes out. I will not purchase a vacuum cleaner.
Random guy 2: Vacuum cleaners require electricity to function. Games do not require online.
Orth: I think you probably meant to say "some games do not require online". Saying that games do not require online isn't accurate at all.
This has been a fun #lunch break.

So, yeah, Microsoft's creative director there confirming that at least some of the people behind these kinds of decisions don't give an actual **** about people who are affected by always-on because "why would they live in an area with dodgy internet anyway."

That's quite the retroactive dislike, ríomhaire, but I'd be a fool not to be excited by the notification I received. I'm not being facetious I'm glad you're reading the boards.

Wait, **** you. If I had the hutzpah I'd throw excrement onto your posts from over a month ago too. I'll get to it later. When I'm done crying.

Not directly related to Sim City but this whole always-online discussion was definitely sparked by this game, so I'll chuck it here instead of making another thread which will get like 10 posts maybe and then fizzle out.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/10...-it-Microsoft-Game-Studios-creative-director/

So, yeah, Microsoft's creative director there confirming that at least some of the people behind these kinds of decisions don't give an actual **** about people who are affected by always-on because "why would they live in an area with dodgy internet anyway."

And they wonder why they are so disliked. ****ing jackass.

I like how he completely backtracks his entire statement from "I don't get why there is a big fuss" and "every device is always online" to "in my personal opinion I live in places and conditions where all of my devices are always online!" once he realized he was being a completely ignorant retard.

Heir: You lived in LA, SF, Seattle… very connected places. Try living in Janesville, WI or Blacksburg, VA… You should move to a NON-CITY for a period of time and tell me how your attitudes change. Gamers live in non urban areas too.
Orth: Why on earth would I live there?

Apparently these two are friends and Heir lived in those places, so this part isn't as bad as it looked.

I like how he completely backtracks his entire statement from "I don't get why there is a big fuss" and "every device is always online" to "in my personal opinion I live in places and conditions where all of my devices are always online!" once he realized he was being a completely ignorant retard.

I'm stunned by the whole thing. He essentially boasts being wealthy and living an urban lifestyle and puts down potential customers. Why is this man still employed by Microsoft? I've not known them to be quite this bad. Jeesh.

I have the worst case of buyer's remorse ever for buying in fro the base game. the hell was I thinking? fck

Lets hope modders can beat these money grabbing cnuts to it with the important issues, that would be more of a kick in the teeth for EA than boycotting. BOC is a good start.

Back