Slumdog millionaire

Reaction score
Anyone watched this movie before? English director, indian actors. It's just so great lol.

NO I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS MOVIE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PREMISE IS IT PERCHANCE ALONG THE SAME LINES AS "THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR BABY"?

Yeah I've seen it. I liked it but it didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me. Great movie, just not as impactful or meaningful as it obviously wants to be.

Would have been a better ending if he didn't win the money, but I guess then they'd have to lose the catchy title.

I absolutely loved it. I went to watch it not expecting much and was really impressed. I'm getting fed up of all the Hollywood trash so watching an Indian flim was a nice change.

It's alright.
Also, what the ****'s with your name?

Anyone watched this movie before? English director, indian actors. It's just so great lol.

Nope, nobody has ever heard of it. It's a hidden indie gem (get it, Indie?).

JK

My only beef is that I really really wanted Jamal to get run over by a train when he crossed the station at the very end. I mean he barely looked both ways before jumping onto the tracks. It would have taught a valuable life lesson to kids and have been much more satisfying than the dance number.

lolol I saw it. I guess all the stereotypes about india are true, otherwise why would they be in the film?

It was one of the year's best, for sure, but I don't agree with the Best Picture win at all.

a bit overrated but i liked it. at one point in the movie it was really shitty

yeah its kinda overrated but still a great movie imo.

It annoys me that it stole every Academy Award there ever was. There were some great movies this year and this won them all simply because it was billed as a "small film with a big heart". People love watching small-town people rise to great heights - I don't know why, it's been done so many times before.

Back