So about the ending of Half Life episode 2.

EGame

Headcrab
Reaction score
Forgive me but I am just a mere noobie who may have been blind and missed a topic like the one I am about to start. In anycase I, like all of you love Half Life. I just recently played through Half Life 2 (episode 1 and 2 included) for like my millionth time and was wondering something with the sad death of Eli. It had occured to me (in just about every playthrough), that Alyx had once died as well, except, later she came back to life thanks to the Vortiguants. Does anyone think at all that this same thing will happen with Eli and he will come back to life, or do you guys think Valve will not do it as it would kind of cheapen the ending of episode 2 perhaps. This is something I have wondered what Valve will do and wonder what the lot of you think. And also if it would be a good idea to maybe bring him back to life or not. Anyway, thanks for putting up with me. I hope to post here frequently and join in on hot topics/discussions. Thanks. :)

Alyx didn't have the entire back of her head smashed open and brains turned to mush. I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while since I played ep1, but I don't think Alyx died, she was 'mortally wounded', hence the whole quest into the Antlion lair. (I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will say).

Bringing him back would undo the tone of the ending though. It doesn't matter anyway, as its doubtful ep3/HL3 will appear any time soon.

Alyx never actually died, as the Vortigaunt who I like to call Johnson said "she [was] cling[ing] to the margins." Eli on the other hand had the back of his head smashed open an his brain downloaded. Pretty sure he's just dead.

If Eli did come back, he'd be a zombie. And not the headcrab kind. Because his brains got sucked out, so he'd be literally brainless.

Or they will use some combine technology and make Eli half robot, or iven a stalker lol.

I'm not going to travel into antlion infested caves AGAIN to save Eli. I hated runnimg away from that big, green antlion.

I'm not going to travel into antlion infested caves AGAIN to save Eli. I hated runnimg away from that big, green antlion.

Yeah,Stuff going into a dark cave and getting chased by an Antlion Guardian again.

There's no hope for Eli. He's gone, man. Alyx was still clinging to the margins where Eli got raped by an alien tongue/wiener thing. Although that does make me wonder. What do the advisors do that for?
Eli on the other hand had the back of his head smashed open an his brain downloaded.

True?

Back