So now that the Steam sale is over..

I work full time and am married... own a house... i dunno normal dude stuff.

Power to ya then. Sheesh, I'm pretty much the same, have kids too, and barely able to game for more than 2 hours a day... unless I get some unforeseen spare time <sigh>

I dread the day there is a little crotch goblin preventing me from feeding my addiction. But i'll love him/her... We are planning, probably within a year.

Don't do it! They bleed you dry.... BLEED YOU DRY, I SAY!!!!!

Don't worry children only cost $235,000 not including a college tuition, pretty cheap :V!

edit: probably less in Canada

Wow, this guy must have nothing useful to contribute to society ... wait, you're married, own a house, and you're the Podcast 17 dude?! Now I feel useless.

So I started breezing through some of the games I purchased. The cheap ones. Boy I messed up. I don't care if they were $2 or $5, these games are awful.

Played Resonance. Game sucked. Didnt even get more than an hour in.

Played Deadlight. Nice art direction. Game sucks.

Played Isaac. Absolute shit.

Played Botanicula. Meh at best. Didn't finish it.

One stands out among the crowd. To The Moon. So far, one of the, actually the only, indie game I bought from the steam sale so far that I find worthy of my money. The game may be your typical 2D 8bit-style indie game, but it's backed by a decent story that keeps you involved. Decent writing too. Loving it so far.

EDIT - Oh and played LIMBO. Besides having literally no story, absolutely loved the game.

I kinda liked Botanicula... it was easier than Machinerimamaumfuam but still fun. It wasn't ridiculous puzzles like their previous games.

To the moon was ****en awesome... absolutely awesome... other than the game mechanic getting a bit old by like the 100th memory. They should turn that game into a movie.

Haven't touched LIMBO yet... probably should.

Played Deadlight. Nice art direction. Game sucks.

Played Isaac. Absolute shit.
I liked Deadlight. The dialogue was cheesy as ****, but the game itself was nice looking and fun to play.

Agreed with Isaac though. I don't know why everyone is going so crazy over this game, I thought it played and looked like a shitty flash game and it sucked hard.

Agreed about Isaac. Game is SHIT.

And I just finished To the Moon. Amazing. Simply brilliant. Loved everything about it.

Haven't played the Binding of Isaac but I didn't find Super Meat Boy fun at all.

I hated super meat boy, I don't like grindy games that are all about timing and reflexes... but I did like Isaac... I dunno I guess I'm different.

I admit I didn't like Isaac at first. Took me a few hours before I started unlocking and rolling the powerups that make the later levels survivable. I truly don't blame you guys if you didn't stick around long enough for that.

Meh, his games certainly aren't for everyone. For instance, I can't play SMB to save my life - I simply lack the patience. I do love Isaac in short bits though. He does know how to charm an audience.

Is there any other game in existence which effectively combines tarot cards, cybernetic eye lasers and used sanitary pads as power-ups? Sick and awesome in equal measures!

I was going to say Pain Killer but then you went ahead and said used sanitary pads as power-ups. Foiled again.

Back