So were you a ...

Shockwave

Reaction score
Person who said..

"No! your ****ing idiots for believing that HL2 is being made, there not doing anything, TF2..AHAHAHAH! ya right its never coming out"

Or were you a

"Yes HL2 is being made, and yes TF2 is still in development, dont you read the ****in news that we get from valve!"

You fell into either one of these catorgies before HL2 was announced a couple months ago. I always kept up to date on it and knew it was gonna come out eventually, althouh i didnt expect it for another year at least. Valve even said last October that TF2 was extremley close to the point of showing us footage and screenshots. People dismissed it like it was a non-existent statement.

Didn't really care about TF2 or HL2 (forgot about HL2 completely). Played RPG games, so FPS world didn't bother me. But when I seen wallpaper of crowbar, I thought "HL is back".

I thought HL2 was probably being made in some way but I in a way lost sight of what was happening with it, a little like quake 4 now. Something that excited me but I knew nothing of, it came as a shock when I saw it. As for TF2 I probably thought that I would buy it but never thought too much of it.

I forgot about HL for the past 3 years or so .. then I was visting the ATI website for some reason and saw a banner with HL2 on it. Total surprise for me too, I didn't even know HL2 was being worked on.

I came across Half life 2 with shockwave.com putting up that article picture of the crowbar from the edge magazine. I then started following the game non stop and i wont stop for along time until i get tired of computer games ( yeah right...). Yeah ive always kept up with the TF2 new from planetfortress.com because that has been the only site providing information in the past 3 years..oh and tf2bunker.com use to be one but that shut down. I remember reading an article from late 2001 or early 2002 about valve saying "TF2 is absolutely still in work and were just now getting to where we can start showing it off." I figured HL2 was in makes but no information was going on or rumours so i just decided to wait for the day but i never cared to much...usually only cared about TF2 but im looking forward to HL2 big time and im really curious and excited about the multiplayer...lets all pray its TF2.

I was doing my daily checkup on PHL when I saw the news that HL2 was featured at E3. I just said ; yeah right.. and then I see the next day they posted the dl link for the E3 footage. I went ahead and Dl'd it thinking it was some kind of sick joke. But noo... how wrong I was :eek:

When I first saw HL2 screenshots, I was laughing my ass off, and when I went to look at them, I saw the one with the combine and the ant lion in the orange hall, and I thought that that was just some guy in a costume with a monster superimposed into the picture, but then I found out that it was not a real image, but an actual ingame screen, and I just about pisseed my pants. From then on I've been checking these forums at least 4 times daily.

No! your ****ing idiots for believing that HL2 is being made, there not doing anything, TF2..AHAHAHAH! ya right its never coming out

Yes HL2 is being made, and yes TF2 is still in development, dont you read the ****in news that we get from valve!

tf2bunker.com

Yup that was my favorate hang out for the TF2 news. But i was under the impression that they moved to another host (Planet Fortress) or something.?

Ive always followed TF2 but i must admit i had no real idea that HL2 was so near, Till all the hype came out.:)

i was a believer, i just hoped it woulda came out a few years ago, but i never gave up hope. it actually never crossed my mind(maybe a lil) that it was never coming. :dozey:

My heart started bangin' cause i knew it was true!

"Yes HL2 is being made, and yes TF2 is still in development, dont you read the ****in news that we get from valve!"

HL2 was not a possibility. In all honesty Half Life was enough.

I heard rumors about HL2 and TF2 about 4 years ago but I forgot about it till last year.

Actually though I remember alot of my mates were like this. I would mention TF2 and they'd flame me (IRL... it's kind of the same but yeah, you'll know when it happens to you ;)), "honestly man they keep pushing back the release date... ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN." So yeah I just kinda went over and kicked in em the balls when this happened. Actually I remember one of them saying Half Life 2 was gonna suck... yeah they're not my friends anymore :p

I've always believed that HL2 was in the being worked on somewhere... Gave up hope though about a month before they told us they were, had started work on a mod to play HL on a newer engine (UT2k3) scrapped it now though and will post models onto site when i get around to redoing it :p....

I remember getting hyped when I saw the April Fools Day one on PHL, I saw it two days after april fools day, so it never really clicked until I'd clicked on it, that it was fake :(

Oh well, I'm just glad I was right in the first place, YAY!

I knew for a fact they were working on Half-life 2
A Neil manke had been to Valve he hinted it to me a few times, they kept buying technology like havok some amazing AI system(what for TF2?? no) and they got alot more staff in a matter of months. They have the money and skill to make a game so why wasnt anything being made? course it was. I never even questioned it I just knew it was gona live up to its name before i saw shots :p

TF2 had become a joke to me.. HL2 i thought would come out far far in the future.

Back