Software on Steam

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
After a bit of a delay the Steam software store has finally arrived. The store has a fairly small launch line-up with only seven programs available, including Valve's own free Source Filmmaker. Other programs include design software ArtRage Studio Pro, photo editing software CameraBag 2 and performance benchmarking software 3DMark 11.

Some programs sport special Steam features. GameMaker: Studio sports achievements and used a "free to play" style system with a free download of the initial program being backed by DLC features. The iOS exporter will cost you a pretty penny. GameMaker: Studio also allows users to upload their projects to the Steam Workshop, making sharing games you create very easy. Also featuring Steam Workshop is 3D-Coat which allows one to export their projects directly to the Team Fortress 2 Steam Workshop.

For the moment all applications are Windows-only but we should see Mac support and a growing library of software in time. If you're interested in anything that's already on offer all software is on sale at 10% off until next Tuesday.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 20,751
Now I just need my Adobe products on there next and we are good to go!

Seems Steams Getting Better All The Time.

I remember using ArtRage years ago (someone here recommended it). It's one of the best tools out there.

Now I just need my Adobe products on there next and we are good to go!

You, your grandchildren and their grandchildren will all be dead before that happens.

Oh no... wait. I'm thinking of Autodesk.

You, your grandchildren and their grandchildren will all be dead before that happens.

Oh no... wait. I'm thinking of Autodesk.

Hey now, there is nothing wrong with Adobe products...wait a second... :p

Back