Some of my music

Absinthe

The Freeman
Reaction score
I've been producing music for a few years now. Mind you, I'm still learning a lot of integral and useful things about it. But I feel I've made significant progress in with my tracks since I began. I'm not too deep into the technical aspect of things, so I mostly play it by ear. And while I don't think I've made anything astounding, I have produced some songs that I've wanted to listen to over and over again.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/anasynthmusic.htm

That's the link for the page containing some of my tracks. I've made over hundreds of tracks so far. Some are just testing out new tricks and ideas. Some are decent. Some I keep for myself. And a whole lot of them are shit IMO. What you see on that page is a couple of tracks that have "clicked" with me at one time or another, except for a couple that I uploaded for God knows what reason.

Older tracks are the likes of "Rebbag Adnick", "Lucidia 2.0", "The Taste of Nothing", and "Nu Reck". Tracks made within the last half year are "Secular Sawbone", "Shapefilter", "Lulale", and "Endsight". Finally, my more recent tracks are "Gak Gnat", essentially a loop ****around, and "Paracomm" and "Extro Sense" being two of my favorites, the latter being my last track.

I'd like it if you gave it a whirl, told me what you liked or didn't like, and give any feedback. After hearing a lot of these tracks again, I can pick out problems with them, but I've just been too lazy to go back and fix 'em. Keep that in mind. ;)

Well done - though not my Music. But technically good :) What's your equipment?

It's all software, basically. I use FL Studio, Acid 4.0, Hammerhead Rhythm Station, ReCycle, SoundForge, and a buttload of VST plugins. I have an Evolution MK-461C keyboard which I play on and also allows me to manipulate faders, controllers, pitch bends, modulation, etc...

Currently trying to get my hands on a copy of Reason. I'd also like to get more into hardware, but that stuff doesn't come cheap.

I'm a bit more into Trance ;) My stuff is @ mp3.de/privatepanic, the more to the top, the newer (and IMO better) the Tracks.

I was thinking of doing a Remix of one of your tracks, but I guess it's kinda hard to turn Drum&Bass etc. into a trance remix... :)

Really? I'm curious as to which one that would be.

I'll give your tracks a listen later today, but right now I gotta take care of some house duties. :)

Well I could take the Pad from one of your Tracks and put it in something like my "Follow the white rabbit", for example...

There wouldn't be much left from your track then, tho :)

Out of the 3 I listened to, I thoguht they were very good. I like how it uses a bit of techno/trance/rap beats/rock all kinda mxed into one.

Well, I've finally gotten my hands on Reason last night. I think I spent around three hours playing around with it while simultaneously having orgasms.

Of course, with its comprehensiveness, it's user friendliness has been a somewhat sacrificed. It took me about a year to learn how to use FL Studio effectively. It helps that not everything is completely alien to me, though. So I figure it will be another good year until I get a nice grip around Reason.

Yes, Reason is pretty cool, if you know how to use "real" Studio equipment, you're all set to go.... although some details go on my nerves (grammar?)

For example, in the sequencer, you cannot select all notes of a certain key by clicking on that key on the piano roll - a feature I was used to in Logic Audio.

Or: If you have some Notes of different keys play at the same time, and you select ONE of them in the sequencer, changing the velocity or other params in the lower part of the seq changes ALL notes, not only the selected one... annoying!

Have you listened to some of my tracks, Absinthe? What do you think of them? :)

great job on secular sawbone. i like that kind of music.

i'm familiar with fl studio too, i use it pretty much to make some simple covers or just for fun, but i haven't really used it to make my own songs. i'm more into dance or dj tiestoish music myself. i'll post some of my stuff later.

What's wrong with Cubase? It's a real mans software.

Lol Javes,
anyway, absinthe, I've heard quite a lot of this FL Studio electronica stuff, and I like yours quite a lot. It is low-budget stuff, but what I recommend is getting some sound sources that aren't quite legit, and working with some of those. what I mean is not pirated software, but say you like a sample from a TV program or whatever, try messing around with that. It may not be OK to put it on Soundclick, but inject a bit of humour/humanity into it! You a fan of Weebl and Bob? if so they have a sound pack of genius stoopid FX. A while ago I did a German-Gay-Club (As my Abba and Simply Red fan friend likes to call it) mix with those sounds. If you can make some funny music, where the production value of it isn't great, its still going to be worthwhile music.
I like the ideas you used on gak gnat. Its difficult to replicate that kind of thing with my setup. Ooh, and if you are interested:
Clicky for my Weebl Choon!

Back