Some one has set up a shop

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone has set up an automated TF2 shop:
http://www.tf2wh.com/

I've tested it out by dumping all my duplicate items into it (didn't have time to test the buying, will do that tonight).

It works like this: You sign in through the Steam community (if you've used tf2tp or tf2bp you should be familiar with this system). You do enter you Steam username and password but the website is not sent that information, Valve only sends it confirmation that you are who you claim you are.

Then you're brought back to the site and you get 500 free credits for signing up. Then you press the sell button and you're put it a trade queue. When the queue reaches zero a trading bot sends you a friend request. When you accept it opens a trade request. You dump in whatever items you want to sell and it checks if it's valid (they don't take crates) and accepts the trade. When the trade goes through you get credits in relation to what you gave them (I gave then 10 random dupes I had, got a little over 3,000 credits).

I haven't bought anything yet but I think you make a list of what you want to buy with your credits, then click the buy button and another trade bot comes along and gives you what you requested.

Obviously there's a mark-up but if this thing actually has a good selection of items it seems like it'd be worth the price for convenience. They also have strange weapons.

Hmm. I went to attempt to buy things and it says they now have nothing. Is due to Steam Community downtime? Did they actually run out? Have I been scammed? I have no idea.

Sounds good - it does have a 'beta testing' disclaimer at the bottom. I'm actually a little surprised that Valve hasn't implemented something like this themselves?

Ok it's working not. Getting the Deus Ex and Weta packs. I seem to only be able to buy one item at a time though which is pretty annoying because you have to wait in a queue each time. They made a bit of a mistake in programming this though. It seems renamed items show up as different items in the list :p

Thank you for pointing this site out! Buying and selling items, for some reason, is addicting.

Back