Source Forts

barnett

Reaction score
Has anybody else checked out this mod? I think its well good! quite a few bugs but then again remember when cs first came out??

for those who dont know what Source Forts is then I suggest you check it out... Basically you have 10mins to use the gravity gun to build your base. you weld in blocks and panels with your teammates

at the end of 10mins you have to capture the other teams flag and you gain money for kills and captures! you can buy guns with this money

then after 10ins of fighting you get the chance to add more to your base or take stuff away

really good fun

this mod is the shit way better than anything else its like garrys mod and ctf combined

It's great.

One time, I joined a server with a 50 minute build time. With 30 minutes left, some jackass joins the server and then our team, starts knocking down our fort, firing objects into the air and freezing them hundreds of feet above us, and complaining that if we don't let him keep his props up in the air, he'll wreck everything. So, we knock his stuff down.

With 5 minutes to go, he starts again. Then he says he has to go get something to eat, and if there aren't any props in the air when he gets back, he goes apesh*t on the fort. So, we knock down all his props except for one, so he stays happy for some reason. And just as we finish our fort, we watch the timer count down.

40, 39, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, The server has shut down. You have been disconnected.

Yes, I think this mod will be a sleeper hit. You have no idea how fun it is to defend something of your own creation until you have played this mod! Although it has some bugs, (EXTREME requirement of teamwork, especially when dealing with how to defend the flag...as some matches can become impossible if an idiot makes the flag impossible to get to), this mod is an extremley good idea. I played the very first version of this mod when it was just 6 people who knew about it...can you beleive that the creator is 12? (or at least he claims to be)

I would really like to get to mapping for this mod, as there arent that many maps out for it...but I dont know where to start. Can anyone find any tutorials or at least tell me how I would go about setting up parameters in maps to create one for sourceforts?

This mod rules. But it sucks because it practically needs a mod to always be there because of the easy sabotage of the game... If you have a good group and would have sensible fps too (mine's like >10 in some situations), it would own.

lol i remember this 1 time i spent 15 min working on my slick d day bunker like fort it was so nice. And then the play time starts done and over with back to build time. Im almost finished building the whoal fort when im suddently switch to the opposing team with 3 min of build time left. I asked the admin to put me back and he told me to **** off. So i unfroze everything with out them knowing. Then during the game i tossed all my nades at the walls and watch them blow apart and helped my original team win. LoL.

If I get broadband (or just a better connection) that is the first multiplayer mod I will download.

I see a combine ball behind a barricade in a screenshot. Is that something you can actually use in game or is it just a prop? In June (when I get cable) I'll be more then happy to check it out.

That's the 'flag' from the CTF part of each game.

It's a great mod, I worked on the team for a while until there was a leader switch.

Hella fun.

Unfortunately the mod just screams "wreck me" to any tarts out there. I've even joined a server where the mod kept changing grav and cheat settings. It also seems difficult to get anything other than a draw.
It's also a bit of a shame that you're not building the forts out of genuine rubbish like you find scattered around the single player. Having even just a couple of maps where you're not using those pre-fab sheets would be good.

yeah I know where your coming from. Spent ages with 5 0ther gys building this wicked base and then as soon as it started the admin somehow just destroyed our base

Back