'Spartacus' star Andy Whitfield dies at 39

My Grandpa died today too. This is such a shitty day :(

So terrible how quickly cancer can kill. 18th months... ****.

Oh man, that's shit. He was awesome in Spartacus. I was gutted when I heard he wouldn't be returning for the next season due to cancer. He didn't even make it to seeing the second season. :(

RIP.

Oh man, that's shit. He was awesome in Spartacus. I was gutted when I heard he wouldn't be returning for the next season due to cancer. He didn't even make it to seeing the second season. :(

RIP.
This.

I was wondering why the second season suddenly became a prequel that didn't star him, now I know.:(

This.

I was wondering why the second season suddenly became a prequel that didn't star him, now I know.:(

Yeah and the story had just made it to the good part too, I was pissed to see more of the arena stuff in the second season

****! I just got news that another one of my uncles got diagnosed with prostate cancer. GOD DAMMIT. This shut runs rampant in my family it seems. I'll probably get it some day.

Wow, that blows... I was hoping he'd make a full recovery :(

Wonder how well his replacement will live up to his legendary role.

I'm not really familiar with the actor, but sorry about your uncle, Raz. :(

Wow, that blows... I was hoping he'd make a full recovery :(

Wonder how well his replacement will live up to his legendary role.

Basically he had approval on the guy they got in to replace him and the actor spent a lot of time with him going through his approach to the role from what I've seen elsewhere. .

Anyway a real tragedy. I was aware of him having been re-diagnosed but was hoping that he'd see it through. A real shame, as he definitely demonstrated leading role charisma, and totally made the role of Spartacus his own as the show evolved. Albeit the pilot episode isn't upto much I do recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a viewing. Although it is very much, sex, swords and sandals and a little rough around the edges in the early episodes as the antipodean cast get the to grips with things, it really begins to shine after the fourth episode and rolls on to an air punching finale.

also sorry to hear about your Uncle Raz.

****! I just got news that another one of my uncles got diagnosed with prostate cancer. GOD DAMMIT. This shut runs rampant in my family it seems. I'll probably get it some day.

My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago and was treated for it (surgery and pharmacologic treatment; no chemotherapy) and now he's fine (*knock on wood*) ie. his PSA results are OK. He's 50 years old BTW.

So there's always hope, I guess! All the best to your uncle, hopefully he'll also get positive treatment results.

Ahhh are you serious??? =( I just finished watching Spartacus series 1 the other day and just started on the second series this week. Damn that sucks =( Such an awesome actor.

This has to happen while I am in Europe, takes ages to find these things out...

Why do only good celebs die young? (except for whinehoue)

How do you mean the right way?

Topically, his replacement looks rather like him...

Well I assume you were away from the internet and shit if you didn't know that he died... and are spending your time enjoying your vacation instead of doing things you can do at home easily.

How do you mean the right way?

Topically, his replacement looks rather like him...

I cant tell the difference between Andy and the guy from Avatar. With this third guy, its like looking at the Baldwin brothers

Back