[SPECULATION] - A perfect 10 from Game Informer?

M

mashed

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/95959714-9FA3-4E10-B846-CDA50C6B5778/5058/newcoverart.jpg

This was posted on another forum. There was some debate about what game it could be. Too soon for it to be a Halo 2 review (that is still in bug squashing phase). Maybe GTA SA... but if PC Gamer got review access maybe GI did too. I wasn't even aware that they did PC reviews (don't read it) but it's not out of the question HL2 could score a 10 from them.

Maybe anyone in the know can confirm whether or not a reviewable copy has been sent to GI yet...

:cheers:

it better be hl2 ... no other game deserves a higher score :smoking:

epmode said:
it's halo 2. guaranteed.

Why would they put another crappy Mortal Kombat sequel on the cover if they scored the world's first review of Halo 2?

DarkStar said:
Why would they put another crappy Mortal Kombat sequel on the cover if they scored the world's first review of Halo 2?

hmmm yeah no kdiding

epmode said:
it's halo 2. guaranteed.

That seems to be the likely candidate but I cannot imagine a console-heavy magazine (as GI appears to be) would not at least mention that they had the first review. It would be like PC Gaming World not mentioning they had a HL2 review, even if they didn't get to do a full-on cover story like PC Gamer did.

Since GI never appeared to be a big PC gaming mag to me (I remember reading their top ten of 2002 on a forum one time, no mention of Battlefield) maybe they figured they'd lure people in by not mentioning the title...

Either way it's really strange.

It is definitely Half-Life 2. This is the game among all games.

My guess is it's referring to GTA: San Andreas.

DarkStar said:
well, it's obviously not a review of mortal kombat.

it's either halo 2, san andreas or half-life 2. knowing game informer, it's gta or halo 2. i say halo 2, but we'll see, i guess.

Dabs said:
My guess is it's referring to GTA: San Andreas.

Again, why would the put another crappy Mortal Kombat sequel on the cover if they scored the world's first review of GTA: San Andreas?

There are a lot of possibilities for the 10/10 game, considering how many AAA titles are hitting the shelves this season.
My money is on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas getting the 10/10 review.

DarkStar said:
Again, why would the put another crappy Mortal Kombat sequel on the cover if they scored the world's first review of GTA: San Andreas?

Because clearly they want you to buy the magazine to find out what they're talking about. To "find out which game received [their] highest honour". (It'll probably be packaged in a cellophane bag too, so that you can't read it without tearing it open). If they stick GTA: SA on the cover, it'll be bloody obvious what they're talking about.

Dabs said:
Because clearly they want it you to buy the magazine to find out what they're talking about. To "find out which game received [their] highest honour". If they stick GTA: SA on the cover, it'll be bloody obvious what they're talking about.
Exactly.
It's obviously not Mortal Kombat: Deception.

There are a lot of possibilities for the 10/10 game, considering how many AAA titles are hitting the shelves this season.

This is true. Maybe it's something that was not receiving a ton of hype... so mentioning the name wouldn't be likely to get people to buy the mag at news stand. Could be that JRP Shin Megami Ten-something... or something...

t's either halo 2, san andreas or half-life 2. knowing game informer, it's gta or halo 2. i say halo 2, but we'll see, i guess.

hello gaffer

I bet it's some shitty game noboby's ever heard of. If it was Halo 2, HL2, or GTA:SA, they would name it on the cover to get people to buy it.

OK it's not HL2 in this issue. Might as well axe the thread...

The prior game got a 9.5 and the one adds an online mode so I guess they figured it was the way to go. Good series if you like platformers.

hehe, no one's played any of the ratchet and clank games around here???

what ever, i'm happy that the game is as good as it is :)

Soundwave said:
It's not Halo 2.

My money's on GTA:San Andreas.
Your money should be on Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. :O :E

BTW: Am I missing something, or was Mortal Kombat: Deception not reviewed?

Ha! HL2, Halo 2 and GTA:SA aren't even in the issue

PS. Ratchet and clank is so overated, the second one was not that good

Its GTA, if they had a HL2/Halo2 review up their sleeves why would they put another Mk game on the cover

**** previews

Jesus Lincoln said:
Its GTA, if they had a HL2/Halo2 review up their sleeves why would they put another Mk game on the cover

**** previews

If you read my link, it says Ratchet and Clank got the 10. :rolling:

Jesus Lincoln said:

**** previews
GTA, HL2 and HALO2 arent even in the mag

Its funny to see all these people who didn't read the thread that are saying "I bet its Halo 2 or San Andreas or Half-Life 2."
But Ratchet and Clank? What the hell. Give me a break.
Well, seeing those scores I now realise. GI sucks (I get the subscribion from my brother).

Ratchet and Clank...

It's good, but it's not PERFECT. And Rome Total War got a 7.75.

its gonna be some lame casual game like halo2.

oh wait no, its a lame casual game RatchetandClank some kiddy crap

Ratchet and Clank is a good series. There are plenty of reasons to call Game Informer stupid, but giving a good game a good score isn't one of them.

Back