speed racer review thread

Looks like shit with pretty packaging.

If it's longer than an hour, I could see myself getting a headache from the visual effects.

Looks like its really impressive visually, and really just bizarre in every other respect.

Looks like it has a horrible plot which consist of Tokyo Drift without Yakuzas fused together with Disney's Cars.

7/10 it was a great artistic movie. Wish i saw it on imax tho, backed out thinking it wasn't going to be good.

"If you want to know what Speed Racer is like, put 50 pounds of illegel fireworks in an industrial dryer, turn it on, and hop in" - Stephen Colbert

So, I was all geared up to hate this movie. I was never that much of a Speed Racer fan, but some things even I don't like seeing tampered with. And all the previews for it looked just awful. I remember telling my friends after seeing the trailer, "I liked this game better when it was called F-Zero." Even the hotness that is Christina Ricci wasn't enough to make me think this was going to be a good movie.

And then Racer X punched a viking in the face while he flipped over him in mid-air.

7, maybe 8/10.

FFS, he punched a viking. In mid-air. God.

I've been wanting to see it, but I don't know if I want to pay 7 bucks....

I loved the cartoon as a kid.

Wow. . . that movie actually was freaking awesome.

I barely watched the show as a kid and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Let's just say I drove home quicker than the law probably would have liked me too.

Incredible. Critics have been complaining about the plot, who the hell cares? Besides, I think the plot is totally solid. It's a trip and it's gorgeous and it's hilarious. I'm definitely getting this on blu ray and I'll probably see it for a third time tomorrow.

Back