Spies: What's your favorite prey?

What's your favorite prey?

• Scout - Evasive little buggers.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Soldier - Sooooo sloooow. Perfect.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Pyro - I like a challenge.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Demoman - I happen to enjoy setting traps myself.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Heavy - 450 HP? *POOF*

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Engineer - And the amazing superwrench.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Medic - Hit 'em where it hurts.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Sniper - Mow 'em down.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Spy - It's a fair fight.

• Buildings - When the cat's away the mice can sap.

• Total voters

Qhartb

Reaction score
Pretty much says it all. Spies probably have more control over who they target than any other class, thanks to their ability to pass others unnoticed. What class is your favorite to hunt?

Well they are all rather satisfying :) Taking down a couple of Heavy's is very satisfying though and, I've found, often leads to a nice counter-attack by your teammates.

Taking down Snipers is nice too, a kind of sheep to the slaughter vibe (well most of the time).

I take out the Buildings when the Engineers are there so I can take them out when they're trying to take off the saps. It's genius.

Has to be heavies. Compared to how awkward a medic/heavy combo can be to shift with explosives or firepower, it's so, so stupidly easy to bring them down with a knife to the neck - and like Op says it can change the tide of attack v.quickly.

I also like stabbing crackling medics who are waiting to uber someone. I like to bask in the frustration I know I've just caused.

There's possibly nothing more satisfying than taking out an engy and his buildings all in one sweep, but that's balanced out by how frustrating it is to sometimes screw up time and time again, with a mis-timed sap or stab, an unlucky wrench crit to the face, or having another surprise engy come to the rescue.

Very close call between Sniper and Medic. If Ubered Medic had been an option that would definitely be top for me. There's nothing more satisfying that hearing that electro-sizzle fizzle out in an instant.

As it is, I play on servers where some of the Snipers are hideously twitch, so it's always satisfying to take them out of the game for 30 seconds and let your team gain some ground. Heavies come a close third, then Spy.

I never attempt to backstab Pyros, but if you're a good shot (headshots do more damage) and can keep out of range, the revolver can make short work of them.

cloaked spies, cra-KOW *body falls from nowhere*

cloaked spies, cra-KOW *body falls from nowhere*

So true, when you see another spy cloak and you time it just right... priceless.

Getting 4 backstabs in a row from snipers is nice too

Yesterday I kept killing the same heavy, even if he actively looked around at anytime stuck in a corner and had eight teammates around him.

God I laughed when he rage quit so I vote heavy

Heavy for that thump of a giant eight foot tall russian hitting the ground. Otherwise, my favourite enemy to kill is one I've killed before.

Heavy; though a medic-heavy combo is even better.

Seeing as Heavy-Medic wasn't an option I voted Demoman.

Enemy spies at that moment right before they backstab a teammate. I love to backstab them and take that backstab away from them.

I never attempt to backstab Pyros, but if you're a good shot (headshots do more damage) and can keep out of range, the revolver can make short work of them.
Only the Sniper Rifle can headshot (and only while scoped in). But I agree that the Revolver is an excellent and under-apperciated weapon. Many a Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Eng and Sniper have fallen to my Revolver.

Only the Sniper Rifle can headshot (and only while scoped in). But I agree that the Revolver is an excellent and under-apperciated weapon. Many a Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Eng and Sniper have fallen to my Revolver.

Oh yes I love it. They see through your disguise and they're all 'haha you're dead' but you bust out your six-shooter and smack the shit out of them while legging it homewards.

I think it must be psychological that it does more damage because when I aim for the head they always go down easy! ;)

Medic, with full ubercharge. Incredibly satisfying to know you've just knocked out the linchpin of the other team's offense. After that, soldier - they're slow, but random-rocket splash damage has revealed my cloak enough times that I have a serious grudge.

Back