[Spoiler] Regarding Lamar.

z3rb

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Lamar is now in space?

Did anyone else notice that Lamar is now in space?

Yeah I saw him too inside the rocket, but its possible that he got out somehow before launch.

nah they say theres an 8 pound imbalance in the rocket near the end.

= lammar

Can you imagine how much it would suck to have your skull ground up while you were alive, in addition to another 8 pounds of weight on your neck!? Ugh, totally uncomfortable...at least we wont have to deal with that melon chomping, teleport ruining bastid again....hopefully.

I saw it. I wonder how he's gonna find his way back to Kleiner this time.

Haha, When i saw him inside i knew for sure he was going on a trip!

On a related note, is there a Garden Gnome in this chapter, or do you have to bring it with you right from the beginning of the game? (Achievements list).

I'm interested to know whether anyone has done this achievement yet :p

Yes there's a garden gnome inside the first building after the first tunnel at the start of the game.

As for lamar. I didnt spot him in the rocket but.... i guessed from the dialog that he must be there. Where to look when i next play the game?

I was hoping she'd attempt to couple with my head at the silo, fruitlessly, but alas not.

One of the achievements mention hurling a Gnome into space, would that imply that you have to put it inside the rocket?

On a related note, is there a Garden Gnome in this chapter, or do you have to bring it with you right from the beginning of the game? (Achievements list).

I'm interested to know whether anyone has done this achievement yet :p

Yes there's a garden gnome inside the first building after the first tunnel at the start of the game.

Um, you didn't really answer the question; we know there's a gnome at the beginning, but we DON'T know if there's one there.

Lamar??..................Lamar??/////////

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooosssssssssssssss!!!!

I loved Lamar.

No he gets out. You see him in Kleiners arms shortly after he jumps off.

Maybe the 8 pound imbalance is meant for the gnome?

you see him jump into the rocket after magnussor tells you to climb down to the base of the rocket (you have to walk around to the hatch and look in) to check what the siren is about.

To settle all this, yes she DOES go into the rocket, as shown here:

But if she survives or not is a mystry. Either way she is the first headcrab in space!

Although I have yet to have played Epi2 - I'm sure she'll make her way back somehow, she did after being 'ported to the wastelands.

Guys? Lamarr is dead, there's no air inside that thing.

Well Lamarr somehow managed to return to Kleiner after the accident at the beginning of HL2 left her out in the wastelands. So either she has super teleporting abilities(*cue 1000 noobs claiming that Lamarr = G-Man*) or Kleiner just finds random headcrabs, debeaks them, and calls them "Lamarr" whenever he loses one.

She might've returned to Kleiner's lab after experiencing the same thing Gordon did (being teleported to various locations and then eventually returning to the lab).

The Gonarch had an internal fusion reactor. That's where it got the mass for those hundreds of headcrabs it kept tossing you. It also explains why it exploded on death. So logically, headcrabs are tiny fusion reactors. Lamarr will survive, I promise you.

He probably got a new headcrab. Named it lamarr and pretended it never happend. Half lifes Kenny.
Btw,
How do you tell if a headcrab is a he or she?

That Magnuson fellow says some word after the line about 8 1/2 pounds extra, before he gets interrupted - that implies it's a headcrab. I found that to be a funny little joke. Can't remember the exact phrase.

Well Lamarr somehow managed to return to Kleiner after the accident at the beginning of HL2 left her out in the wastelands. So either she has super teleporting abilities(*cue 1000 noobs claiming that Lamarr = G-Man*) or Kleiner just finds random headcrabs, debeaks them, and calls them "Lamarr" whenever he loses one.

I think it's the same headcrab, that just managed to return home (like The Incredible Journey).

Lamar was launched...confirmed by valve in my email to them

Cory,

Unfortunately, for Lamar, the payload anomaly did refer to her. As for the end of Lamar, you know how tough those head crabs, so wait and see if she makes a return in ep3.

thanks,
Steve
( Gabe has been forwarding emails to everyone on the team so we can reply to them all )

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:27 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Regarding Lamar..

Was Lamar launched into space in Episode 2? She went on the rocket and there was an 8lbs anomaly..is this the end for lamar?

BTW it was a great game and portals, TF2, all great, thanks

Hi Cory,

I'm glad to hear you caught that bit of dialogue! Sadly, Lamaar indeed ended up in the rocket and made a great sacrifice for humanity.

Gabe has been passing around many of his emails to members of the dev teams so we can hopefully reply to every single one. Thanks for playing!!

Matthew Scott
Animator
Valve

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:27 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Regarding Lamar..

Was Lamar launched into space in Episode 2? She went on the rocket and there was an 8lbs anomaly..is this the end for lamar?

BTW it was a great game and portals, TF2, all great, thanks

Back