SPOILERS!! Vortigaunts speaking in Portal 2?

rikt

Space Core
Reaction score
Maybe it's not a spoiler, but hey...better safe than sorry.

So I have just finished Portal 2 and noticed a couple of things.

1) In the room with the potatoes from "Bring your daughter to work day" (why only daughters anyway?), there is a project made by someone called Alix. Granted the Alyx we know from the Half-Life series is with a "y", but still...interesting.

2) Each time in use one "Excursion Funnel" I hear a sound similar or that is the same as the Vortigaunts talking (or whatever it is they do to vocalize). Or it was those strange cubes that Wheatley creates.

Any thoughts? Complete rubbish? Makes sense?

I can't work out what you mean by the Vortigaunt talking in the excursion funnel. This is the sound made in the excursion funnels:

Which bit?

Can't really hear it here. Maybe because of background music. I'll try to get another in which I can hear it.

But how exactly would this make sense? Also, it's widely assumed that Portal 2 takes place after HL2. Though there's no real proof of that...

But how exactly would this make sense? Also, it's widely assumed that Portal 2 takes place after HL2. Though there's no real proof of that...

Right, but Alyx had to be a kid sometime anyway and Chell was in hybernation for a long time.

Is it known why does GLaDOS only wants "daughters"? Why not bring your child to work day? So specific...

I always thought the take your daughter to work day thing was supposed be hinting at how Chell originally got there. GLaDOS probably took all of the daughters and told then that their parents abandoned them...
also why would Alyx (Vance) be at Aperature's take take your daughter to work day? her dad worked at black mesa

also why would Alyx (Vance) be at Aperature's take take your daughter to work day? her dad worked at black mesa

Because rikt apparently knows nothing about Portal or Half-Life.

I swear, G-Man theories have now been supplanted by Portal/HL connection theories: tenuous webs of connections twisted into some hideous, malformed monstrosity of nonsense.

I always thought the take your daughter to work day thing was supposed be hinting at how Chell originally got there. GLaDOS probably took all of the daughters and told then that their parents abandoned them...

Her father yes, but her mother?

I swear, G-Man theories have now been supplanted by Portal/HL connection theories: tenuous webs of connections twisted into some hideous, malformed monstrosity of nonsense.

You must be a very happy person...

Her father yes, but her mother?

Even suspending disbelief for a moment,
why would her parents work at two different facilities across the country that are also competitors?

This really isn't hard.

When you get to the Tunnel mute the music and it should play on its own unless the tunnel noise is the backround music.

Even suspending disbelief for a moment,
why would her parents work at two different facilities across the country that are also competitors?

This really isn't hard.

Didn't say it was :) just found it interesting...with all the names to chose for a girl they had to put "Alix" in big letters when some of the other potatoes have small written names or sometimes have no name of the child who made it.

Don't forget that since there are only three human characters in Portal 2 two were obviously ****ing and the third is their daughter because whynot.

Back