Stalker clear sky review from PC Gamer UK, it's not very good

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
^this. as in the other thread, still buying this brilliant game. supporting the homelands economy hurrah!

yeah i think the reviwer is just being a crybaby over how hard the game is now due to blowouts and ai tossing nades. Either that or he is trying to play the game as if it were halo or counterstrike. Also the publishers probably didn't bribe him to write a better review.

Also the publishers probably didn't bribe him to write a better review.
facepalm2ly3.jpg

Less cash sounds good. Harder to find anomalies sounds good. Blowouts...maybe. Grenades could be good, in moderation. If they're used all the time it would be annoying, as the reviewers are saying. The faction wars sound terrible though.

The STALKER series is just like marmite; you either love it or hate it. I've heard mixed reviews about CS, but thinking back now SHOC received the exact same reception when it was first released. I'll still play it and then just wait for the mods to come out.

It might be better to wait until some of the more jarring bugs are patched. That's what I did for SoC, and I may do it for this as well.

Yessir, KP sir!

Concur with pulse. The original stalker is nothing on the oblivion lost mod. Also, i remember friends bitching about how buggy the original one was without the patches, how innacurate the weapons were...etc.

Now look at it :D

I read IGN and PC Format reviews were written by the same person (Alec Meer). LOL

you people seem to forget the vanilla stalker was horrid.
Im not surprised still buying though

Im not surprised still buying though

It was?
This is news to me.
I thought it was a fantastic deeply immersive game.

The only problem I had with stalker was how it couldn't 'daisy chain' quests. So you spent a lot of time running great distances, only to run them again when you get the next quest which happens to have been like 100 feet away from the quest you just finished.

Why does everyone say Vanilla sucked? I really, really loved it. I'm playing through with OL, granted it's fun, but it's not "OMFG AMAZING".

NOOO! IT'S GONNA BE GOOD! IT'S GONNA BE GOOD!

Can't wait for the patches to come out though

no its terrible thats why it got mostly bad ratings only now people are playing because of all the mods.

Just got a call from a mate at EB. ...IT'S IN!

To hell with this ****in' assignment, i'm on that bitch!

Brb EB, Stalker: Clear Sky, 72 virgins lol

aw **** I want my copy too..oh well

*looks at the bay*

I loved stalker vanilla, in fact I've never played it with mods :|

you are missing out then on 40 new weapons etc..real weapon names better skins gameplay in general.

you should come to /v/.

EB have not a care in the world for street release dates.

img0019tk1.jpg

img0020av6.jpg

no its terrible thats why it got mostly bad ratings only now people are playing because of all the mods.
It got terrible ratings because the majority of reviewers are Halo ******s who cry to mommy because it's too hard for them and not fast paced enough. I'll agree with bugs though.

wat

Of course I probably sound like an ass saying that but shit, come on.

wat

I've heard the copies that were released early does not have cd-key inprinted on the manual for multiplayer.

Is this true? I've never played stalker multi, so I don't know what I'm missing.

I have the steam version but it never worked with the modpack that someone had on /v/ so now I have a differnt versionn running, and of course I'm gonna buy Clear Sky,I just don't want to wait til 15th,also GSC lacks real dev skills....I mean have you guys read the opinoins of the russian players?
same BS as with SoC but they will fix it,I know that.

I'll have you know that my ass is one hundred percent intact. :arms:

My ass was intact... until I met Stiggy

D:

:naughty:

Seriously whoever torrents this game is a ****ing loser. If you should support anything its developers like these.

lol torrents. I grab stuff through newsgroups all the time though to get stuff early (before Aussie street dates anyway) but that's about it. btw it's a good game.

Back