Stalker clear sky review from PC Gamer UK, it's not very good

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
You see, the Brain Scorcher rapes the mind and takes over the mind of the victim. This is where Monolith troopers come from. It doesn't kill you (that's a common misconception), it takes over your mind and swells the ranks of the Monolith. This is why they can survive there.

Besides, it's an easy to defend location, and thus essential to the tactics of the Monolith organization.

Also, Asuka, you have no idea how much satisfaction your posts give me.

Glad to hear that :D

:)
PC Gamer UK lie. It is very good.
It is much closer to what I expected the first STALKER to be like.
More role playing emphasis, with exploring and grind. I like exploring and grind.
The environmental areas are massive.
The atmosphere is thicker than the shielding in the Hadron Collider.
The weather effects are superb.
The day and night cycle with dynamic shadows and sunrays is AWESOMELY done - I stood at an abandoned farm in the swamplands yesterday for 15 minutes, just watching the shadows and light shafts track across the walls as the sun came up.
It hasn't crashed yet.
Not seen any bugs yet.
I love the way the mechanic can customise weapons and armour.
I like the way artifacts are rare and that you have to risk your life to get them.

:(
Can't get wet surface effects without DX10.
Not enough beasties in the wastelands.
So far it's too easy, even on hardest. But I am still in the first area.
Very system intensive, much more than even crysis - AA kills it (need to enable it in windows, the ingame aa slider does nothing)

marsh.jpg

marshcamp.jpg

sounds good, i'm going to get my copy in a few days

Very system intensive, much more than even crysis - AA kills it (need to enable it in windows, the ingame aa slider does nothing)

:O:O oh crap

I've just played the game for an hour or so I and it's very good but still have some pet peaves with it that were present in the orginal. I just went and did a mission to deliver some info and it crashed. I wouldn't mind the crashes if I could load a recent save point but half the time I have to repeat things over again which just ruins it for me. Since you can die so easily and sporadically (anomalies, random bandits shooting you directly in the face, radiation) you have to save often. Why it can't just auto-save at certain points/events I don't know. When your immersed in the game you can't always remember to save so often.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until I get a better computer to play this. Hopefully it won't be too long from now. I just bought my new LCD (22" widescreen).

Guys. Static lighting saves performance. If static is enabled, you can run it on the same computer that ran SoC.

I don't run AA, I consider sharpness more realistic.

You'll probably have more replayability with Clear Sky, I'm thinking of getting it myself.

Spore has a great editor and all but the game in which you play with your creations is extremely flawed.

RECOMMENDED
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista (SP1)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / AMD 64 X2 4200+
1.5 GB RAM
10 GB free hard disc space
256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
Keyboard, Mouse
LAN / Internet for Multiplayer

RECOMMENDED
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista (SP1)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / AMD 64 X2 4200+
1.5 GB RAM
10 GB free hard disc space
256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
Keyboard, Mouse
LAN / Internet for Multiplayer

So... the mouse... is it really necessary? :angel:

wtf nobody told me I needed a ****ing keyboard and mouse to play this game...god damnt, I hate it when they make you buy peripherals just to play their stupid game!

Seriously, this game is bugged to shit. I'd advise anyone wanting to get it soon to hold of for a little while unless you don't mind starting again everytime a new patch is released. There are still some game breaking bugs in the game and some say its more buggy that SoC was. Hopefully, most of the serious ones will be eradicated soon with the patches.

It's a great game, it just doesn't work well yet. I'm hoping for a mod to turn this game around.

Just install the patch that was just released? I thought that was supposed to fix the game breaking release bugs.

I've already canceled my preorder for Spore and am thinking of preordering Clear Sky on Steam.

The game has relatively few bugs, but they are freaking serious.

1. Artifacts disappear after you die
2. Concentration camp loners don't spawn/disappear
3. Bandit base can reappear
4. It's effing hard to attack the bandits

It's amazing, and the atmosphere is breath taking... just, don't save during an emission.

EDIT: I nearly peed myself when I located my first artifact, though. Totally worth it.

I know what you mean about the satisfaction of getting an artifact. I found a fireball in a field of flamethrower anomalies but haven't actually managed to get it yet. Maybe i'll try again tonight.

Finally got out of the swamp last night, after realising that the script to advance the mission was stuck. Basically, every time I cleared a farm, all the bandits would respawn, until I figured out that one of the 'go fetch' quests was broken and one of the squad commanders just stood in one place and wouldn't accept the object he asked me to get. Shooting him in the head cancelled the quest, and the next guy in rank took over as commander, who then instantly proceeded to the next phase and after half an hour of sudden non-stop action, I was able to move to Cordon.

Which I am now stuck on right at the beginning of the level. Moving 20 feet from the tunnel entrance means instant death from a machine gun post I can't even see in the distance.

But I am liking the odds now :naughty:

I'm at Limansk now, comrades... I connected the dots. It's horrifying.

I saw the Limansk fly-through video, that place looks awesome - much more atmospheric than Pripyat I thought.

I'm at Limansk now, comrades... I connected the dots. It's horrifying.

How far can you go into the game without a linear ending sequence kicking in? Can you still wonder back to the previous areas from Limansk?

The only reason I ask, is that some reviews made out that the game was only open ended for the first half, then a linear chase sequence kicked in.

It really sucks getting dousched with a buggy release and then having to download patches that are several 100mb big when you are stuck on dial up.

Actually, the game isn't buggy in itself - it's the fault of people's hardware configurations. It was a problem with XRay 1.0 and won't be fixed, as such is the nature of this engine - it's a fickle bitch.

They do? Sorry, I'm up to Limansk, going to finish it up tomorrow, and haven't had game breaking bugs so far (except for one, but that was caused by stupidly saving and reloading during a blow out).

Any benchmarks in dx9? only search results give this damn dx10.

Depends on the time spent seeking caches and faction wars. If you ignore faction wars and focus on the main storyline, you're in for an extremely hard and fairly short adventure... it's basically essential to take on side missions to survive the game.

yo why wont the game let me move the next map?

it asks me if I want to go,I click yes all it does is turn me around?

Back