Stalkers report in! (best modpack ever!)

unozero

Tank
Reaction score

An arsenal 2(not 1.0) + OL 2.2 merge + arena extension + photo realistic zone + weather mods+ mosin + more weapons
Changes from old one
*you can now go to the duty trader and "modify" some weapons
*The arsenal weapons are included in the amk Random stashes (I recommend you enable this feature in the pause menu then save)
*Arena is now improved pick fights against mutants and humans like 1 vs 6 or bet on fights and watch them(think like in Oblivion)
*added some weapons from Amk arsenal like the sawn off toz34 and the ruger 100
*Added an Ar-10
*Updated the arsenal 1.0 to use the files from arsenal 1.2 patch adding a new model for the L85 ,mp5 with scope rails,Vintorez and val and also more weapons from arsenal 2.0 mostly WW2 and LMGs
*merged the Photorealistic Zone mod that adds better textures than the S.H.A.R.P.E.R mod
*Used the weather overhaul to add MUCH better weather
*A new inventory menu that fixes the problems with the old one not being able to select the bottom items
*Added a mosin nagant *inventory icon* with a scoped version
*ambient sound mod
*added a new main menu
*A better inventory system made for widescreen PCs not buggy like the one in OL
*Added Extra skins for example no more shitty looking hands
*Included the stalker foobar plug in in the gamedata folder
*Traders rebalanced now freedom pays more for Nato weapons and Duty pays more for Russian or soviet weapons while the eggheads sell exotic weapons
*sky4ace adds better effects to the game by replacing the shaders
*And more

TO install this copy the gamedata folder in the stalker root dir (sometimes when extracting there is a gamedata folder with another gamedata folder inside copy that one if thats the case)
(if you dont like the effects delete the shaders folder in the gamedata folder)
or if you dont like the grassy terrain delete the levels folder
Pic related
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Y0PASGI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W08BTQR7
Use 7 zip to extract them

7zip
http://www.7-zip.org/

FIXES FOR CONSTANT CRASHING! (worked for me)
solution 1
Sometime 'editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE XR_3DA.exe' may not work, so forget about that and just do the BCDEDIT command.

The Editbin command is the same exact thing as using the Batch file provided in the archive.

If you don't feel safe about editing the Batch file to be useable with Stalker, then download my edited one: http://rapidshare.com/files/23252938/3GB_Enabler.zip

Simply put, for Vista users;

Extract the ZIP archive to a folder of your choosing. (Such as your desktop.)
Make a backup of your original XR_3DA.exe file.
Copy or Move your XR_3DA.exe file into the folder you extracted the 3GB Enabler to.
Run the 'Startme.bat' file, follow the instructions
VISTA 32:
Open command prompt as Administrator.
Type: 'BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2900' (without quotes)
REBOOT.

VISTA 64: You do not need to do anything else, just start the game and play.

solution 2

Right Click on the Stalker exe (the desktop icon or programme Icon) and go to properties, then go to the Shortcut tab. Where it says Target, you need to add a line to the end of the text written in the Target box. It should say

"D:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl1\bin\XR_3DA.exe"

Note that D drive is where I have stalker installed. Now, the end of this line leave a space and type:

-noprefetch

So you will now have this on your Target box:

"D:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl1\bin\XR_3DA.exe" -noprefetch

Make sure to leave a spave and put in the dash (-) followed by nopretch. Dont leave a space between the Dash and noprefetch.

Click apply and Ok and now re-run the game. You will immediately notice

Are all those weapons seriously available in the game? I thought there were too many pistols available in the stock version - that's insane.

**** you. You're making me reinstall STALKER.

I love the random stash mod in AMK, I was a little disapointed a similar system didnt make it into Clear Sky, not knowing what ur about to find is really fun. The stalker franchise has had alot of set backs since it began, I hope they continue it at some point, if it were up to me, id just have all the areas open from the start, but all the underground areas and faction alliances, quest lines and such locked, untill u complete certain mini tasks, then just have a shit load of items and random events to keep you exploring.

Sounds epic but i just recently beat STALKER. Ill wait a while before going at it again.

Just gave this a whirl, im really impressed, its combining all the best parts of other mods, and added a ton of optional stuff in regards to weapons, I esspeacialy like the primiative WW2 rifles and such in the starting area, they are nicely animated to, might change some of the sounds to suit my tastes, but so far so good, great weather mod (although there was a sudden light change during sunrise), plus random stashes! think this ones a keeper.

TY for the info unozero.

There's a Type 99 Arisaka rifle but no M1 Garand?

Oh mother**** I didn't read what forum this was in and thought this was a mod for hl2. Damnit.

**** you and your stupid games I don't have.

It works on my steam version and ive not had to do any of the fix stuff yet.

The various different AK versions are mostly skin alternatives at the vendors, personal taste basicly.

Oh my God. My laptop needs to hurry up and get repaired this is ****ing godly.

Oh shit. I'm gonna have to hit this up later tonight. Maybe do a fresh STALKER install. What patch does everyone recommend using?

Koola, reporting in sir! Ready to lead the charge into the Zone!

Also, say if i've completed OL2.2, how can i get my savegame into the new map pack. Does anyone know where are the save files are located in the directory?

Cheers.

Uhm...

is there a better download link or anything? please tell there is! D:

Get out of here STA--

*looks long and hard at OP*

I said COME IN don't just stand there!

Koola, reporting in sir! Ready to lead the charge into the Zone!

Also, say if i've completed OL2.2, how can i get my savegame into the new map pack. Does anyone know where are the save files are located in the directory?

Cheers.

MAP PACK?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Kilo Mike, what are you talking about? D:

Soz Mikael...that was a tad illegible... :(

What i meant is: instead of starting a brand new game, you should be able to copy and paste your old save games from OL2.2 onto the new copy you get with the above bundle, right?

Does the mod actually make STALKER a truly open-ended game with randomly generated missions and vehicles etc like what was originally promised?

Yes Gargy. It does.

That would be the OL2.2 part of the modpack. Dling now.

I would like to play this but cannot open the smaller file (STALKERMODPACK.7z.002)

7z just says that it can't open the archive. The larger one unpacks just fine.

Get winrar, it opens everything.

EDIT: Oh wait, that's a partial file, you need however many are in the series, that is 002, so you still need 001 and whatever else comes after 2 (assuming there are more than 2 files)

Don't know.
Today I can't even open 001. The 7z decompression interface appears for a moment and goes straight to a box saying it can't open the archive.

Also if your C drive isn't large enough for the decompress it'll just quit on you.

Both links just take me back to the same ****ing pages after i enter the codes
Also, is it possible to google the bits and pieces, or is this the only thing that makes them all compatable?

Back