Star Wars: The Old Republic

Well in a FPS or third person game or really any game that's not multiplayer I'd agree. I love stealth games. MGS: SE is exactly that character just better (the tranq darts, camo, etc). But this is an MMO. You kill so many guys that just waiting around for them to die will get old fast. Jedi's are mostly DPS characters, I kill a group of 5 enemies in like 5 seconds then move on.

Not to say IA isn't fun or anything, I'll probably make a character like that eventually (only have my Jedi right now and that's all), but I doubt it'll be as leveled or thought-through as my Jedi.

The "Imperial Agent" character class has very little to offer, in my opinion, in comparison to the "Jedi" character class. The "Jedi" character class is way better. In my opinion.

There are 4 "Jedi" classes you hopeless mong.

There are damage Jedi and the 'magic' Jedi (relying more on force), as for light/dark side they are the exact same. I'm obviously talking about the damage Jedi.

Each statement you make is more wrong than the last. Sincerely.

You kill so many guys that just waiting around for them to die will get old fast.

But this is wrong, the Agent has cloak and can completely bypass groups of enemies and go straight to their goal if they so wish.

But even if you kill just 1 guy usually it triggers those bonus "kill x amount of guys" quests and my OCD doesn't allow me to just ignore these quests. Plus they give you alot of experience.

Each statement you make is more wrong than the last. Sincerely.

Well before that one was my opinion (I even said so in the post), so really each statement can't be more wrong, as opinions can't be wrong

I'm liking Sith Warrior so far (Level 10). I'm not strictly picking dark side options, more often than not I pick neutral options, however I would like the corruption.

The options aren't all that evil if you don't want them to be.

edit: An interesting article on darkside/lightside http://mmogamerchick.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/swtor-how-will-you-tackle-light-sidedark-side/

This bit in particular I totally agree with

During the game test, I played around with my characters’ alignments in every which way, from straight out grinding LS/DS points to trying to remain perfectly neutral.

In retrospect, I don’t really know if that sat well with me. Any time I tried to force myself into a mold, I found myself removed from the game’s story as well as my character.

I initially was going to force myself into one or the other, but doing what feels natural to my character is a more comfortable and obvious choice.

This bit in particular I totally agree with
I initially was going to force myself into one or the other, but doing what feels natural to my character is a more comfortable and obvious choice.

Wow, people are actually figuring out what roleplaying means?! Jesus Christ, I never thought I'd live to see the day!

I know what it means, I just wasn't going to do it. However I have come to realise It wouldn't be as fun for me.

Well before that one was my opinion (I even said so in the post), so really each statement can't be more wrong, as opinions can't be wrong

Well they can, but also you were stating an opinion on an inaccurate/obtusely vague set of criteria.

Anyone play Imperial Agent? Trying to decide between Operative or Sniper. Both sound quite cool.

I'm liking Sith Warrior so far (Level 10). I'm not strictly picking dark side options, more often than not I pick neutral options, however I would like the corruption.

The options aren't all that evil if you don't want them to be.

Wait until you get to slaughter cargo ships full of refugees for no reason, or kill a woman and her son for the pure joy of it. There are some pretty ****in evil things you get to do in this game

Wait until you get to slaughter cargo ships full of refugees for no reason, or kill a woman and her son for the pure joy of it. There are some pretty ****in evil things you get to do in this game

Would be more evil if one could rape the woman in front of the son, kill the son in front of the woman and then finally kill the woman.

Just saying.

I get so sick of both the Jedi and the Sith tbh.
(To be fair, the Inquisitor is good due to the well done dialogue options and Voice Actor)

Both remind me so much of the prequel films. On one had you have totally bland and soulless Jedi with zero personality other than "Peace". The Sith are almost equally annoying because they are so polar opposite, their "evilness" is so absurdly overdone it's just exhausting. Does everything really have to be "KILL THEM, THOSE STUDENTS ARE WEAK AND YOU ARE STRONG, MUAHAHA, BE ANGRY AND MEAN. MAKE A MEAN FACE." feels like a 5th grader wrote the dialogue or some shit. Amusing at first, but quickly gets old.

Its a good deal why I love my Agent so much, sort of middle of the road options of good and evil. I like that the Agent's story doesn't focus on the Sith, but instead the Empire. You get a perspective that shows the Empire doesn't even like the Sith all that much, and that the Sith are often just an obnoxious religious bunch getting in the way of the Imperial's order and plans. Brings back the charm of the original trilogy's universe.

The good options still exist. If you were evil, you'd just be ignoring them!

both of my current characters

DV57I.jpg

j7uXG.jpg

I get so sick of both the Jedi and the Sith tbh.
(To be fair, the Inquisitor is good due to the well done dialogue options and Voice Actor)

Both remind me so much of the prequel films. On one had you have totally bland and soulless Jedi with zero personality other than "Peace". The Sith are almost equally annoying because they are so polar opposite, their "evilness" is so absurdly overdone it's just exhausting. Does everything really have to be "KILL THEM, THOSE STUDENTS ARE WEAK AND YOU ARE STRONG, MUAHAHA, BE ANGRY AND MEAN. MAKE A MEAN FACE." feels like a 5th grader wrote the dialogue or some shit. Amusing at first, but quickly gets old.

Its a good deal why I love my Agent so much, sort of middle of the road options of good and evil. I like that the Agent's story doesn't focus on the Sith, but instead the Empire. You get a perspective that shows the Empire doesn't even like the Sith all that much, and that the Sith are often just an obnoxious religious bunch getting in the way of the Imperial's order and plans. Brings back the charm of the original trilogy's universe.

I agree with all of this post.

Anddd I started a Smuggler as well because my friend plays Republic side on a different server. Seems like another great class, albeit slow start. Very Captain Malcolm Reynolds esq. Jedi and Sith players are missing out.

But you haven't played all of the story for Jedi or Sith, for all you know, YOU could be missing out. I'm rather enjoying a Jedi.

Anddd I started a Smuggler as well because my friend plays Republic side on a different server. Seems like another great class, albeit slow start. Very Captain Malcolm Reynolds esq. Jedi and Sith players are missing out.

I started off as a Smuggler and got bored by level 10. The story was just not interesting to me. You say it gets better though, so maybe I'll revisit.

But you haven't played all of the story for Jedi or Sith, for all you know, YOU could be missing out. I'm rather enjoying a Jedi.

Of course I can't really say if the story is good without experiencing the +100 hours myself, but the general consensus from what I have read is that it's typical and boring.
That aside, taking your word that the story -is- good, it doesn't change the fact that the Voice Actor is flat and dialogue is awful enough for me to know how little the class has to offer in terms of character immersion, with all that, "The force is my ally!" derp.

I started off as a Smuggler and got bored by level 10. The story was just not interesting to me. You say it gets better though, so maybe I'll revisit.

Go Imperial Agent if you weren't enjoying Smuggler. Smuggler is, from my experience, and what other people say, just a story about a dude in space. Doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like that. I like the simplicity of being a scoundrel out for himself and not tied down by destiny and silly force stuff, it's light hearted and takes me back to the days of Dash Rendar and Kyle Katarn.
Imperial Agent is a great alternative, I'd still be playing mine if it wasn't for my friend.

Loving imperial agent so far, gameplay and story. Makes Jedi Knight seem really dull, but that's probably just because Jedi stories have been done to death.

I agree with the voice acting, ZT. Ever since the prequels it seems Jedi have 0 emotion, even though all of the force users in episodes 4-6 were full of it :/ But the story itself actually is pretty good so far I think. People just get bored of it because as morgs said, every time there's a Star Wars movie, tv show, book, etc it's about the Jedi saving the universe.

started to solo black talon at lvl 13 in desperation to get my socketed agents cloak, and it dropped off first boss _b

Safe and sound on the fleet

tP3wW.jpg

I made the mistake of buying this game yesterday. I love it too damn much.

Started a Jedi Knight (Sentinel) and I did my first Flashpoint. I thought it was brilliantly done.

My girlfriend played a smuggler and I watched her and I thought the cover thing was kind of annoying (I can see how it'd be fun for people though), and after what ZT said I wanted to start an Imperial Agent and found out they use that cover stuff too.. I'm sad now because I thought the story was really cool and I wanted to continue (made it to level 10), but it's just too annoying for me. Made a Bounty Hunter instead and I'm glad I did. The Bounty Hunter is AWESOME. I'm loving it. I decided to just go DPS again opposed to healing or tank, even though those are more useful in Heroic missions I find DPS characters the most fun. The story is wicked though. Better than Jedi for sure! I made my Jedi Sentinel a light side guy, so my Bounty Hunter is pure evil. It's so much fun being evil!

I wanted to start an Imperial Agent and found out they use that cover stuff too.. I'm sad now because I thought the story was really cool and I wanted to continue (made it to level 10), but it's just too annoying for me.

Just go Operative as advance class and never have to take cover again.

I couldn't figure out a comfortable rotation for operative, though. It's 1/3rd, if not more, melee--which I find oddly intimidating and discomforting.

Endgame is decent, though pvp needs serious tweaks still

I couldn't figure out a comfortable rotation for operative, though. It's 1/3rd, if not more, melee--which I find oddly intimidating and discomforting.

With my Bounty Hunter I have like 3 melee attacks or close range ones. It's really hard to be a ranged character because you always forget about your melee attacks. I'm so focused on using all my strong-ass blaster attacks I forget to just run up to the guy and power punch his shit.

Nah, we post in this thread referring to past experiences months ago.

If anyone is wanting to try the game out those of us who are currently subscribed can invite 3 friends to play for a week free.

Back