Starcraft II beta announced for this month

Is it true that the game will launch with only a Terran campaign? Blizzard must be turning into Relic.

Is it true that the game will launch with only a Terran campaign? Blizzard must be turning into Relic.

Yep.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the full title of the first installment, coming with all races available for MP & Skirmish but only the Terran campagin.

Hopefully Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void won't take too long. Turning into Relic I can deal with, turning into Valve I cannot.

Yeah, so lame. You get 30 Terran missions *with a couple bonus Protoss playable ones too...* instead of 10. Those fools at Blizzard.

This might be alright though. The campaigns in Starcraft were pretty bare-bones, especially considering how the first three or four missions for the Terran (and the first Zerg mission, at least) were glorified tutorials. Thirty solid missions built with the supposedly-mindblowing Galaxy scripting language will be fantastic. If Blizzard is actually focusing all its development monies on the Terran campaign, and not developing the Protoss and Zerg campaigns in parallel for quick expansion release, I'll be happy.

That's what I think about it. Sure, I'd love to play em all in campaign form, but playing a full long story based with just 1 race will give you more story and play time with that race. Especially since they aren't doing the campaign in the same manner as before with the "Build a base, mass units and go rape.". It should be insanely fun.

That guy is Dustin Browder, Lead Designer for SC2...
In essence, he is the hero of this thread.

But why was that video made? I can't figure it out.

STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!

STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!STARCRAFT 2!

So is this release going to be a national holiday for you guys or what? Not as a celebration, I mean out of necessity :)

So is this release going to be a national holiday for you guys or what? Not as a celebration, I mean out of necessity :)

Heh, If I was a North Korean General I'd be planning my invasion for release day.

The whole damn country will be so tied up they won't notice they've been invaded for a week! :p

So any more news about the beta? WHERE DOES ONE GETS IT?

Back