State of the Site

State of the Site?

• Absolutely stellar, never been better.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Pretty much as good as usual.

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • Not what it once was, but still fine.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • Definitely degrading.

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Pretty bad.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • It's locked in an unavoidable spiralling descent into destruction.

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters
ROFL, join date of last month... Unless he was a lurker for all this time :O

I honestly can't effectively comment on the site itself since I really only visit the forums.

The forums themselves just seem like they always have.

i voted "Not what it once was, but still fine."
i feel its gone downhill a bit since...well just before the release of the game.
spam happens and theres clearly rules against it but its only enforced when the staff can or when they feel like /shrugs

i suppose the flaming has come down...but yeah, people got away with that also at times... oh well.. all good things do come to an end at some point and i think this site did go through a long streak good times a while back.

Suggestion for site improvement: ****ing ban people that deserve it, okay?

When people like Glo-Boy can prance in, spew shit over everybody, admit to trolling, and not get the boot, then it's clear something is seriously wrong with the faculty.

And when you take out Glo-Boy, send Soirjed with him.

I'ne only been hear a year and i've seen it go downhill.
These forums are full of alot of awshen people and it, sometimes in some threads, comes out as a community.

We just need things to bring us together, a few common tasks instead of just flaming each other.
I know most of that has already been said, but it's my two cents.

EDIT: Also we should start up some more of comps, maybe a fan-fic one, art, in-game vids etc... And try and get Vavle to do some tests again, or do some ourselves?

Could we / We should start up some 'Events' fads, like avatar week or days that people from different countries / timezones all jump onto the game servers? Have a calender...

Well it was Danimal that edited it, so we know it was bad.
But we, the people, can lift the site up. It'll just be our hard work.

If mods start banning here and there wouldnt people start to get afraid of posting? If someone has a strong negative opinion they would be scared to post. Wouldnt it lose the passion of a lot of peoples ideas or opinions?

Maybe im talking crap but i think banning people for small reasons is not the way to bring this community closer together.

I think alot of people are excited about new ideas such as dod:s Machinima, if people are genuine about their ideas for this kinda stuff then there would be alot more to talk about and keep this forum going strong.

I am relativly new here so it shows that this site hasnt lost it, i am very much interested in what people have to say in half-life 2 forums, Multiplayer games and the lounge. I am not aware of what this forum used to be like or what secrets it holds, saying that it does intrigue new people like me to hear about these kind of things, it makes it that much more interesting.

Saying all of this it does make me sad to see how many people beleive there is no hope for this site. Lets look to the positive and the goodness to come. From reading what peoples ideas are, it shows me that there is alot more passion left and willingness to keep this place alive and well.

evilsloth said:
Well it was Danimal that edited it, so we know it was bad.
But we, the people, can lift the site up. It'll just be our hard work.

Let's say I deleted 3 posts and edited the original one.

Aight. It's crackdown time.

:)

I must say, I used to be the most active moderator, but nowadays I don't think that's so true.

;(

I have taken the cross, it's 'sading time :E

Nah, I'm just going to moderate how I used to .. everywhere :O

When people learn spelling and proper grammar I'll be happy. Until then meh.

Danimal said:
Let's say I deleted 3 posts and edited the original one.
It was worse than i thought!

Don't worry i think we're back on track, TDE and Ennui have injected some hope into us worring (sp?) members.

evilsloth said:

Don't worry i think we're back on track, TDE and Ennui have injected some hope into us worring (sp?) members.
You poor thing... :rolling:

ComradeBadger said:
I have taken the cross, it's 'sading time :E

Nah, I'm just going to moderate how I used to .. everywhere :O

Administar some beat down!

I don't think a "Community Mod" would work with such a large number of members. Its been attempted before - too many "ideas people", not enough actual talent. Which is why Zombie Master isn't a HL2.net community mod, but rather just me and people I like, trust and respect (Hetairia). Although you'll all probably get a playtest at one moment.

-Angry Lawyer

Crushenator 500 said:
You poor thing... :rolling:
/me slaps Crushie

I think the main problem with doing such things as contests is that a lot of us are far too lazy to contribute to that sort of thing.

Anyone who's interested in the Day of Defeat: Source machinima - check that thread out. We're getting some real drive now, and tfg (maker of some damn good machinima) is interested.

I liked all those ideas you had EvilSloth. A calendar! We could have tons of events on there! There will always be something to talk about and work on! Events can be a huge array of things, like the ones you mentioned. We just need some people to manage the calendar (decide when events are and have the power to place and remove them from the calendar), and an ideas thread.

The more activities we have the more active and upbeat the forum can be.

Man, just stepping back a bit and looking how great the forum is going to be just puts a smile on my face... We are bringing back Halflife2.net!

/cheezy

evilsloth said:

I did? How? :p I gave some random community mod idea's and also said if the site doesn't make some big changes soon it'll die.. I wouldn't call that injecting hope :)

I'm suspicious of super enthusiasm at the beginning but no follow through, so I'm trying to contain my excitement.

How would we get a calender like that implemented, do you think?

Ennui said:
I'm suspicious of super enthusiasm at the beginning but no follow through, so I'm trying to contain my excitement.

How would we get a calender like that implemented, do you think?

I suggest that we all poke munro.

This is going to be a pain. There's no way we can do any of this without Munro helping, and... he's rather loathe to do so.

Another thing i'd like to add is actually getting a HL2.net clan for some games properly organised (or am i just missing it?) would help bring us closer as a community

Evo said:
Another thing i'd like to add is actually getting a HL2.net clan for some games properly organised (or am i just missing it?) would help bring us closer as a community

Will this clan be playing Zombie Master???

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Will this clan be playing Zombie Master???

-Angry Lawyer

Well, obviously (though it will really be up to whoever properly organises it if it happens)

a clan would allow hl2.net to get behind its team of good people,

do not bother with a a b c d team.... that woudl be too cmplicated

jsut a team for cs, dod, hl2dm

put it into some leagues would woprk imho.....

and or a hl2.net cs tourny teams of 2 ? there are enough servers in general for sucha tourny to happen me and 2 people ran 2 digital paintball tournies with 3 servers! admitedly with only about 12 teams but hey it was seriously cool :)

Back