State Sponsored Ignorance - 21st century schools with 12th century text books

unozero

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6x7NAZevXM&feature=sub

and brits pay for this with their taxes?

1282426659290.jpg

That picture is so much better without the text. Much like every other meme picture out there.

Man that added grain and song over the top of that footage annoy the shit out of me. As for the school itself, that's pretty sad that a 16 year old who wants to be a doctor thinks the world is left because of her religion.

Response from a Muslim science teacher, lawl.

The issues surrounding the origin of matter, abiogenesis and anthropogenesis are as relevant to 11-year-olds as they are to research scientists – I find myself explaining that scientific endeavours can provide some robust answers to some of the "how" questions but not the "why" questions – and pupils fill in the gaps themselves. Try telling a child in year seven that the question of where matter comes from is essentially unanswerable and therefore should not be asked. Often the response is "Why not? That's stupid".

Fail science teacher is fail.

Please could all videos be accompanied with a text explaining what they are about? I can't play videos at work. Cheers.

Please could all videos be accompanied with a text explaining what they are about? I can't play videos at work. Cheers.

Dawkins at a state sponsored Muslim school in the U.K
He has to put up with stupid excuses why the kids aren't taught REAL science.

The only state funding religious schools should receive is for secular courses. Extensive auditing ( at the cost of the school ) should be done to ensure the moneys are going to secular courses.

By secular courses I mean language, physical education, music, etc etc. Those are the types of things that are universal regardless of theology.

Back