stay away from the internet (PORTAL 2)

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
The PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 has been leaked. Someone posted the ending on YouTube.

Bastards! Valve just starts getting into the console deal and THIS is how they thank them? Ungrateful pricks.

Good thing I'm going on vacation tomorrow, I'll be very far away from the internet for 10 days then I'll be able to play Portal 2 in peace.

Distribution should have tighter security. Nazi tight.

"Oh, he'll pay, he will definitely pay"
Rape 'em Valve.

Redditers saying that they're going to spread false spoilers upon release day so that it's safe to continue being on internets and not necessarily knowing what will happen. Though I'd rather stay away until I beat the game anyways (who won't be!)

owned, haha

there's probably a reference to some kind of desert at the end

OH SHIT SPOILERS

In the end it's revealed that Cave Johnson is the G-Man from the past, who is actually Gordon Freeman from the future. Also, Wheatley kills Dumbledore.

so the supposed leaked videos are fakes made by valve for the ARG

In the end it's revealed that Cave Johnson is the G-Man from the past, who is actually Gordon Freeman from the future. Also, Wheatley kills Dumbledore.

So Wheatley is Voldemort

*Eats popcorn*

so the supposed leaked videos are fakes made by valve for the ARG

Actually thats quite ingenius, match the level of videos leaked with 5-6 alternative fake videos to create confusion. Should all devs do that in the future?

Hm.. I am curious about these videos now.. I would like to see them. >_<

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836458

this thread has been following the ARG and discusses the videos. If you want to see the videos on youtube, search for Flamehausportal. You'll know the videos are fake because the tags on the videos contain "potato". Some of the videos have a code in their description that people are still trying to figure out.

What makes me worry is the response that may become necessary from MS and Sony.

Almost every game released this year has been leaked early for the PS3. The games have to be distributed early to meet demand, but somewhere along the line, somebody opens one and then rips it and uploads to torrent sites.

The frustrating thing is, all the haxorz are playing the game first, whilst us patient and genuine fans of the game won't get to play it until next Tuesday.

If this isn't a lesson for valve, I don't know what is. I hope the next game they release comes out 2 months later for consoles.

I can't wait till Tuesday, the wait seems longer than anticipated

Actually thats quite ingenius, match the level of videos leaked with 5-6 alternative fake videos to create confusion. Should all devs do that in the future?

Thats an idea I've had for awhile now as a way to deal with piracy. We leak our own versions of our game to the internet to confuse people. It would just have the game lock up at some point with a message saying "please support the developers and buy this game" and then have a naked pirate dance his way on screen doing a meatspin with his willy. Release several different versions under the name of different crack groups' names, even before they actually release it, and viola!

I haven't seen the videos, whether they're fake or not, but I think I did just read the ending to Portal 2. God damn it. I wasn't even browsing anything related to Portal 2. God...god damn it.

so is fake or not that the game was leaked?

So it HAS actually been leaked? dayum.

*turns off internet*

I'm glad most of Portal 2 will be viewed for the first time in-game for me. I've watched the trailers and one or two gameplay videos and that's it.

I've not been on the internet much this week since I've been working all week and been avoiding anything that's Portal 2 related.

I cannot wait! :D

Not only do I have to wait for the UK retail release (my 'dispatched in 5 days' order is apparently in an irreversible shipping cycle. The ****?), but I'm going homeward for four days over easter. I almost certainly won't be in the clear with Spoilers until early May.

I think I did as well, Darkside. I've deliberately been avoiding ALL media for almost a year now. Everything. I bought the Potato Sack last night and was just starting to get really hyped, and now....

Yeah, I ****ing cried like a bitch. **** you I don't even give a **** you guys can judge me all you want but I cried like a god damn ****ing **** bitch ****

I feel for you. I can't say I'd cry, but I'd be mad as hell. I've avoided all videos since the first E3 or whatever event showing some gameplay. Well I did watch the Aperture Science investor videos, but that hardly counts.

It's going to very hard for me, I have to wait until June 1st to play it! I know the feeling to have something spoiled though, just before I finished Episode 2 the ending got spoiled for me. It completely ruined my day...

I ask for anyone that posts on these forums keep the spoilers contained in the portal 2 section, as I really don't want it ruined for me!

It's going to very hard for me, I have to wait until June 1st to play it! I know the feeling to have something spoiled though, just before I finished Episode 2 the ending got spoiled for me. It completely ruined my day...

I ask for anyone that posts on these forums keep the spoilers contained in the portal 2 section, as I really don't want it ruined for me!

Probably not going to happen. If the ending is anything like how it was with Portal, we'll be seeing the hoards of people screaming 'the cake is a lie!' all over again, only this time with a new catch phrase.

Probably not going to happen. If the ending is anything like how it was with Portal, we'll be seeing the hoards of people screaming 'the cake is a lie!' all over again, only this time with a new catch phrase.
Let me say this as someone that watched the ending and some other details: A load of retarded memes will be spawned at release and will be spewed forever by many mouth breathing, mentally challenged children.

Seems like the PS3 pirates can't play this as it's secured with the new 3.60 keys. So at least that's some good news.

Why don't you watch it on YouTube?

so is fake or not that the game was leaked?
The game got leaked on consoles. So while Valve's been doing the, "Help get Portal 2 released early on PC" thing, whoops, guess what, people've been playing Portal 2 since last week. Which is one of the reasons I was hoping that all the ARG stuff was pointing to an early release on Friday, because I knew there was such a slim chance that I wouldn't accidentally catch the spoiler. This is the internet; people are going to post that shit everywhere, even places unrelated to Portal 2. It's Snape kills Dumbledore all over again. Had the game been released Friday I could've come home and played the damn game myself and found out what happens. Now I know what happens. I've seen screenshots. I already know.

I take some measure of comfort in knowing that, with a game like Portal, the journey is more important than the destination. It's still going to be fun going through the game, but something is going to happen in the game and I'm going to look at it and be like, "Well, I already know what this leads up to. No surprise for me."

well I am going all amish and will be away from da internets till the game gets released

!!!!!SPOILERS IN DARKSIDE'S POST-----DO NOT READ!!!!!

God damn man, why did you have to go and ruin Harry Potter for me? I avoided the spoiler for so long, and all for nothing now. Mother****er. Why the **** would Snape do that?

Would you be willing to share? :O
Please, can we have a policy of perma-bans for people who do? Whatever happens in Private Messaging between two consenting adults is their business, but if someone in the public forum spoils so much as how many hairs are left up Cave Johnson's nose in the ending, I want to see blood.

And not because he's picking it.

Edit: What... Aeris is Revan?

Do not watch those youtube videos. They are not ARG. They are spoilers.

You mean this video?

ending.png

Back