Steam chat ban

Shrinker

Reaction score
Last night I have completed a new release of my level editor. Posting a link to it in the HL2.net Steam chat seemed like the right thing to do for me, as it is a related thing. Do note that there is no advertising on my homepage at all, or anything that would indicate a commercial interest behind all that.

A few seconds after linking to that, I have been banned from the chat and am still banned, without a warning or reason preceding the ban, nor any information who I could contact regarding that.

I feel treated in an unfair manner.

And I would like this issue resolved.

I sympathise with your plight, but we do get plagued all day by spammers who join, and then paste a link, usually to a phishing site or trojan link. When the person has made no other contribution to conversation, it looks suspicious.

Anyway, I've removed the ban.

As Pi said, I assume you joined chat with little introduction of who you are or what you were linking. We're not hugely mod focused in the community, but we do have niche of people who are interested in this kind of thing. We get so many phishing attempts in the chat it is difficult for some of our officers to distinguish when you are unknown to them.

Sorry for getting you confused, thanks for taking the time to bring it up!

I apologize. You can come in any time, now that we know who you are. :thumbs:

I was banned but I can't remember why :(

11wa6wp.jpg

WHO KNOWS

I sympathise with your plight, but we do get plagued all day by spammers who join, and then paste a link, usually to a phishing site or trojan link. When the person has made no other contribution to conversation, it looks suspicious.

Anyway, I've removed the ban.

Whoa, whooaa, whoa.

Did Pi just say that?

Sarcasm.

I've been banned a couple of times now. No idea why that happened °o°

Back