Steam client update released

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam Client
<ul >
[*]Improved Steam startup performance
[*]Fixed a crash when clicking on very long URLs in friends chat
[*]Fixed the in-game overlay not showing over some D3D9 games that set a texture as the render target
[*]Fixed a case where the overlay could go temporarily unresponsive due to using a skin that generated bad geometry
[*]Fixed some cases of trying to send data to Steam servers while disconnected
[*]Fixed chats in the overlay which have existing text from out-of-game not scrolling to the bottom by default
[*]Fixed log files from in-game overlay corrupting some output
[*]Fixed app cache download issue for users with slower connections
[/list]

i feel little better performance, its opening a lot faster and using lest cpu resources at the moment i double click on steam tray icon to open steam window

yeah its about 5-10% faster for me. just hope they don't mess anything up. now that all these developers are on board it scares me. pretty soon we'll be lost in a sea of random and every 20 seconds there will be a new update

Hell of a lot quicker for me. :O

yeah its about 5-10% faster for me. just hope they don't mess anything up. now that all these developers are on board it scares me. pretty soon we'll be lost in a sea of random and every 20 seconds there will be a new update

Only one developer does the Steam updates... Valve. the others just do updates for their games..

Only the Steam guy's can do updates for Steam and since they are pretty slow we definatly won't get updates every 20 seconds. Even the game updates for other developers have to go though the Steam guy's.

blasphemy!! what i'm talking about is every time i log in theres an update for something. just do it once a week and make it worthwhile. itunes does this like twice a month now and its really pointless crap they add on there. i all ready have the shuffle songs option, what the hell is itunes dj and crap like that. sometimes updates are just a waste of time imo. Valve makes good updates but they seem to happen so fast now

EDIT: ok lefty, i'll keep posting in my last post if you wish

warped has an epic postcount number. Don't post any more so you can preserve it.

It always amused me that the little Steam notifier window in the lower right of your screen (that you see when friends come online) uses ~30% of your CPU's time when it animates. Really, Valve, 30%?

It always amused me that the little Steam notifier window in the lower right of your screen (that you see when friends come online) uses ~30% of your CPU's time when it animates. Really, Valve, 30%?

My PC case emits a high-pitched squealing noise everytime that notification box pops up, too. Dammit Valve.

Back