Steam Holiday Sale

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Don't get your titties in a twist...I don't have any actual news on the sale. I'm actually wondering since this will be the first year in 7 years that I plan to buy games and play them (since I finally have a semi-working computer that can run them). So when does the Christmas/Holiday/Winter sale start? Is it a similar set up to the autumn sale? Is it worth waiting for or should I just buy the games I want now that are available on steam?

Starts December 20th according to rumors. You'd be crazy to buy anything now. Almost everything will be discounted.

When the sale starts, don't just buy everything on your wishlist. Wait for the games to show up in daily deals or flash deals (etc) for bigger discounts. If they don't show up in them, buy them on the last day of the sale.

Anything 75% off is unlikely to get discounted much further (and if it did, it wouldn't make much a difference). So I'd buy that kind of stuff if I wanted it.

Wait for the games to show up in daily deals or flash deals (etc) for bigger discounts. If they don't show up in them, buy them on the last day of the sale.

This is a great tip. Most people seem to think that the games reach their max sale price on day 1, but this isn't the case.
Be patient!

Probably won't be getting anything other than for the inevitable HalfTime2.net kris kindle.

I'll be getting CS:GO and Hotline: Miami, probably. Might grab Stealth Bastard if it goes cheap.

.......Amish? Is that you?:glenn:

That reminds me, are we doing a secret santa this year?

That reminds me, are we doing a secret santa this year?
I'd actually participate this year, as I've got some money in my paypal for some reason not known to me.

If we do, I want in. It'll be my first year, so I will want to look good to the populous by showering someone random in amazing gifts. If that's even how it works.

Back