Steampunk Portal 2 mod

Esther

Reaction score
I want to make an unusual portal 2 mod... With a Steampunk twist. I can make maps and everything, I just need a few of the following things:
A Modeler
Another Mapper
A Skinner
I found a portal gun sketchup by a person on Deviantart named Hendral, who gave me permission to use their portal gun idea for the mod.
So if anyone can make a world and view model for me, that would be great
steampunk_portal_gun_by_hendral-d2zkt8i.jpg

Do you have any unique gameplay ideas or is this basically just all about aesthetics?

Steampunk version of X isn't a terribly original idea I'm afraid.

Yeah yeah, lol... anyway, I have the portal gun wip by the way, so if anyone can model a world and view model of it, please do. I will post the picture in the OP, and more of aesthetics i would say

If you've not done so already, you should try posting somewhere with an active modding community, such as moddb, interlopers, facepunch, thinkingwithportals (among others) or even just the steam forums.

If you've not done so already, you should try posting somewhere with an active modding community, such as moddb, interlopers, facepunch, thinkingwithportals (among others) or even just the steam forums.

I have actually posted in Facepunch already, but posting in MODDB would be a good Idea I guess!

All fairness, a steampunk theme for the Portal universe isn't a bad thing - and working on just the aesthetics alone isn't necessarily a bad thing. Take Killing Floor: the only paid DLC for it is SKINS, and what's their most recent theme? Steampunk. Making a game steampunk isn't an original idea, but it doesn't mean it wont be absolutely amazing! Game development is an organic, ever changing, never-the-same-way-twice creation.

However saying that, steampunk is typically a Victorian twist to a modern creation, as if it were powered by steam or clockwork: the design at the top of this post looks akin to 40's or even the 50's era. The use of Vacuum Tubes (although I like the colour scheme), loose wires and 'collapsible' camera fronting doesn't make it steampunk in the slightest. It's still rather pretty though.

A far more steampunk portal gun, to it's true definition would be this.

Best of luck with the idea though - I'm off to work on my own map =)

Hit up?

HIT UP?

HI I'M YORICK AND I'M SO HIP. HIP UP EVERYONE.

I'm Samon, I'm so hipped up that my hips have gone beyond child bearing and now I can only walk through doors sideways!

He's also so hip he hates everything. In fact, Samon was hating everything before it was hip.

Back