Step back- Old Half-Life Radio HL1 and HL2 modteam interviews

Petrick

Medic
Reaction score
Half-Life radio was The Radio channel for all the HL gamers back in the dates. Times changed, but some of the memories are still around. Ive tried to gather some old interviews, i hope you like these :) Not perfect sound quality for todays standards.

HalfLifeRadioInterviews/

Random Gameshout stuff

CTRLALTROCKbanner.jpg

ScifiBanner.gif

gabe1.jpg

gabe2.jpg

gabe3.jpg

Didnt know where to put this topic :p Sry. Mods can move this one to better place :)

No, they shouldn't move it..

It's safer here.

Wow, now that takes me back. Thanks for doing this mate. Was it really five years ago? D:

I remember esf. It was a hard game to get the hang of. I never really did. :(

Man this really brings back memories. I miss those days. We really had fun. I just hope you all had as much fun as we did!

We had fun with the more diversified version of the shows too and had so many more listeners and went to several E3 events...man whatta ride.

Thanks for listening guys!!

-Mav

lol, i remember that Captain Planet clip :)

It is really difficult to find those oldies..

Haha oh god. I used to listen to HL radio so much. Captian Maverick was my favrorite! Loved his cop stories. Why'd he get banned D:

Why did Mr. Maverick get banned? Apparently there are some politics that have eluded me :|

That Action HL interview was pretty interesting

Ugh, just remembered how annoying Andy Hodges' voice was

Archive.org

HL Radio suspends staff for 1 week

According to Jerry Gross, General Manager and acting Program Director for HL Radio, the radio staff was placed on a 1 week suspension after a live apparance from a local Outback Steakhouse resturant. "This was supposed to be a radio promotion for Outback and HL Radio, but the staff was evicted from the location after the first 90 minutes into the promotion", Jerry Gross stated today to the AP Newswire. "SexyJosh was asked to clear the tables as people were done eating. One resturant victim complained to the manager that he was not finished with his meal and that Josh cleared the table away and stated, 'it seems like you were finished a long time ago fatty...' and that was ridiculous" said Jerry Gross. Jerry Gross also said that other complaints came from the bar when HL Radio personality Argyll was telling people that he was the real Popeye the Sailor man. "he was throwing peanuts on the floor and yelling, 'Popeye wants more spinach' as he pointed to the empty Foster Australian Beer cans that he drank steady" Jerry Gross told reporters on Monday. Resturant manager Dolly Picket told local reporters, "Capt. Maverick was answering our reservation and take-out phones with statements like, 'Thank you for calling Wal-Mart, we are completely out of tampons made in China - Long live K-Mart!' and, 'Thank you for calling Eckerd Drugs - to refill your perscription press 1' which was embarassing." Jerry Gross said that all HL Radio staff will be on paid leave for 1 week beginning today.

:LOL: I think i have that Outback clip somewhere, i have to dig it up.

Listened to HL radio religiously before, but I never found out, what did happen to it?

I think (not sure though) it was when HL2 was delayed, they were running out of stuff (interviews, news etc) to do 100% half-life radio. They added XBOX and PS game reviews etc.. I don't know when they changed their name to Gameshout.

If anyone knows better let us know.

Hmm.. putfile.com seems to be gone. Oh well, have to find new place for those.

Full
Half-Life Radio show - Wednesday, April 28th 2004. Special Guest is Stemage from Metroid Metal. + Wacky News + Wacky Wednesday + Ghost Freeman + Douglas from Steam. First full show that i have from HL Radio, i think Egoraptor was DJ those days, good music here and there.

http://www.direstraits.biz/GameShout/HLR-MM-Interview_1_of_4.mp3
http://www.direstraits.biz/GameShout/HLR-MM-Interview_2_of_4.mp3
http://www.direstraits.biz/GameShout/HLR-MM-Interview_3_of_4.mp3
http://www.direstraits.biz/GameShout/HLR-MM-Interview_4_of_4.mp3

:afro:

a bump that's relevant AND useful?!

What has HalfLife2.net Come too!?

Unknown date
OP co-in & Team Fortress Revision (same date)

Known dates
October 25, 2003 - Action Half-Life
September 26, 2003 - Citizen-132 - Head of Coding, Epitomize, talking about some of the more technical aspects of C132
September 27, 2003 - Citizen-132 - Crackerjack continued the series, talking about the mapping and multiplayer aspects of C132.
September 28, 2003 - Citizen-132
November 7, 2003 - Eternal Silence
November 8, 2003 - X-com: Last Hope
November 9, 2003 - Half-Life Mobsters
November 9, 2003 - Earth Special Forces
November 16, 2003 - Half-Life Nightwatch
November 28, 2003 - Roadkill
November 30, 2003 - Last Great War
November 30?, 2003 - XET Xen Exploration Team
November 30, 2003 - Riot In Progress
March 13, 2004 Citizen-132
Apri 9, 2o04 - Corporate Anarchy
April 25, 2004 - Earth Special Forces - Part II
May 28, 2004 - Father Grigori/Jim French
june 3, 2004 - Alyx Vance/Merle Dandridge

putfile.com is gone (damn Ebaumsworld). I've uploaded some stuff to other place, check first message for new url(s).

Back