Stern nearly gets in to head-on collision, life flashes in front of eyes

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
so i was just narrowly missed being in a head on collision with some moron who went in to oncoming traffic (my lane) to pass a slow moving truck ..it was around a blind corner and only saw him at the last second. I slammed on my brakes and was going to hit but the person slammed into the sidewalk in front of me stopping his van ..if he hadnt hit the sidewalk I would have hit him ..and i wouldnt be making this post ..I was too shocked to do anything except scream bloody murder at the idiot for nearly killing me

internets alerted

I lol'd at internets alerted.

I dont know what we would do if our CptStern ever left us. There would be a deep hole in hl2.net that nobody else could fill. Glad you're ok. Were you driving alone?

ya thank god cuz my kids dont need to hear me swear like a sailor

I was more concerned for their safety, but yeah, i guess hearing stern curse in rage would be just as traumatizing.

my son once threw down his towel and said

"you ****ing moron" ...obviously imitating daddy who he may have overheard saying that when he was a passenger in my car ..gotta watch what i say when I drive

Did your life really flash before your eyes? I always thought it was a myth.

well yes and no, I clearly saw my wife and kids

it kind of scared me

Just kind of? People are such idiots when they drive. People do stupid shit on a daily basis here that could easily get people killed. And the fact I see at least 1 of these every day is a bad sign...

On my way to work, there is a stop sign for the other people at my intersection, while my road just keeps going. NOBODY knows there is a stop sign I guess, so they always run it. Most cases, it's when I'm going through the intersection, most cases almost T-Boning me.

Another, is on that same road, only a couple blocks up, the road is a 1 way. People like to turn onto the 1 way GOING THE WRONG WAY. I really hate the human race.

I'm guessing he drove on without so much as a glance back to check what happened?

Tosser.

no, he waved at me an apology as we were both stopped a few feet from each other ..he got it worse than I did as there's more than likely damage to his van from slamming into the curb

cyberpitz: agreed, I dont know what the hell is wrong with people when they drive ..really is saving a few seconds worth putting your life in jeopardy? ..and yes I was more than a little scared ..good thing I hadnt had lnch yet or I would have crapped my pants

Did your life really flash before your eyes? I always thought it was a myth.

30,000 posts must take a long time to flash past.

Glad you're okay Stern.

heh contrary to popular belief hl2.net is not my life ..in fact I barely visit here outside of work

well that's not funny cuz I have more important things that need to flash in front on my eyes than HL2.net ..like that time I got naked with that ...

why dont you get out and finished

thats exactly what happened to me recently whit some friends on my van,I was going in a corner and "screeeeeech" some dumbass apeared out of nowhere and I hit the sidewalk,I dont remnber the car but I think there was some kid in it,probably one of those pedos

so i was just narrowly missed being in a head on collision with some moron who went in to oncoming traffic (my lane) to pass a slow moving truck ..it was around a blind corner and only saw him at the last second. I slammed on my brakes and was going to hit but the person slammed into the sidewalk in front of me stopping his van ..if he hadnt hit the sidewalk I would have hit him ..and i wouldnt be making this post ..I was too shocked to do anything except scream bloody murder at the idiot for nearly killing me

internets alerted

wow..glad you made it out alright.

maybe god saved you ;)

but on the other hand...god is an idiot for endangering your life just for kicks.:cheese:

will you sue the reckless driver?

sue him? nah you cant sue for almost getting into an accident ...he probably could have sued me for verbal abuse though

:E

sue him? nah you cant sue for almost getting into an accident ...he probably could have sued me for verbal abuse though

:E

Should have tracked him via license plate number then cut off his fingers via Stern's man handle.

Glad you're ok.

Reminds me of this idiot.

Unfortunately I think it's one of those rare driving situations you can't really do anything about. Hopefully you won't be put in the same position again.
I remember once a goddamn coach came round a sharp country bend half on my side of the road - at night. If I was in a car - or if I had been a skilled enough rider at the time to corner hard enough that I wouldn't be able to tighten my line - I would have been dead, but I managed to avoid it due to the lower width.

Cant say I would be overly distraught at your loss (honesty and all) since I don't know you well, yet, but purely out of the sake of your kids, missus, family and friends, I'm glad yer okay. Kids need their pappy. :imu:

You guys should see how people drive where I'm from. God, you'd think you were in idiotville or something. :p

Makes me wonder where people like this get their licences from. The gumball machines?

You know how the system is like.

Good to see you're ok.

Try MS's roads. ****ing rednecks don't know how to drive.

thanks :) ..thanks everyone who were thankful I'm still here ..for those who are not thankful you should swallow shards of glass, you bastiches

thanks :) ..thanks everyone who were thankful I'm still here ..for those who are not thankful you should swallow shards of glass, you bastiches

What if I'm happy you're here so I can finally put my "Torture Stern" plan in motion?

There have been a few instances where I should of been in a horrible car accident and somehow wasn't. The best example is when I was sitting at a red light. I for some reason started counting change in my console and didnt see the light change greed until a couple seconds later. Just as I hit the gas, a truck FLEW through the red light going about 60. That would of been a mess.

Whew! That means you can still die by my hands! [evil laugh]MUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/evil laugh]

But seriously, glad you're ok. An oncoming collision is the worst; at least double the energy involved vs any other collision & half the reaction time.

I'll get you next time.
fist.gif

I already made that joke, Burnzie. Be glad I have the courtesy to correct your post with the intended smiley, even if you are stealing it from me.
fist.gif

Back